New NC owner with a couple questions

CenturionFive

Dec 11, 2010
Ok, I have rooted my Nook Color 1.0.0 successfully. I have been using it for a week or so now and I am enjoying it.

Should I go through the process to update to 1.0.1 or stay with 1.0 until a stable update to Android 2.2 is available

Overall I am happy with things as they are.

Cen5

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
If you are happy with everything, and have no problems that might be fixed by an update, you could stay where you are. Every update has bug fixes that they don't list and is designed to give you a better experience, but if you are happy, why mess with it.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If you are happy with everything, and have no problems that might be fixed by an update, you could stay where you are. Every update has bug fixes that they don't list and is designed to give you a better experience, but if you are happy, why mess with it.

I'll agree with this but 1.0.1 anecdotally is better than running 1.0.0 and seems to work better than some instances of upgrading to 1.1 with CWR. That is not to say that one is any better than the other or you will notice any difference but just some additional information if you are considering updating.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
My two cents - I am still on 1.0.0 and everything works. There are no real changes that I care about, so I am staying here until a good Android 2.2 comes along, or the communities Honeycomb efforts are stable. And at the pace that B&N is moving, I think I'll have Honeycomb on my internal before I get a 2.2 official from B&N.