New NC

theunleet

Feb 15, 2011
I just bought a brand new Nook Color and it arrived in the mail. I don't own a MicroSD card yet and was wondering if there is any way to root it / put CM7 on it without using a MicroSD card. Would ADB be able to do this? I have the root files and CM7 downloaded and waiting but I just need some tips on whether or not I just need to go buy a MicroSD or if I can just do a workaround for now.

Ideas? Tips?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If you know what you are doing in ADB it can be done that way. If not go buy a micro SD card, it will be much easier than trying to install and learn ADB (unless you want to). Plus you are more than likely going to want at least one card anyway. The more you plan on doing with your nook the more cards you will need (i.e. one for data, one for a bootable ROM, one for revocery and one for backup), though you can get by with just one.

theunleet

Feb 15, 2011
Can I get a general work-through of the commands to install it via ADB, or a link would work as well. I can use ADB(Nexus S 4G) and I can follow instructions. I just want a workaround till I can get a MicroSD.

theunleet

Feb 15, 2011
Made it to the store... they only had 2GB and 4GB Class4 cards... bought a 2GB and a 4GB. Popped the 4GB into my laptop and fired up Win32DiskImager and selected the uNooter.img file (I'm using this guide Barnes & Noble Nook Color: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki ) and then I hit WRITE and it says "Not Enough Space On Disk" .... tried the 2GB card as well and says the exact same thing... the cards are formatted to Fat32 out of the package... any ideas?

EDIT: Could not write to MicroSD via laptop SD port... had to insert into NC to write image. Waiting for Rom Manager to download CWR currently.

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
U should have bought a 8gb card.
Soon u will find out that smaller cards can't handle all the data.
Cwr can work fine, just be sure to flash latest version.

Sent from Nook Color on Phiremod 6.3 @1.3Ghz

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
heard some issues with win 7 (not sure if this is your OS) and win32diskimager - what worked is an older version of windisk - RELEASE 0.2-r23 - run it as administrator

here's a link i found (not verified) Download win32diskimager-RELEASE-0.2-r23-win32.zip - HotFile, RapidShare, MegaUpload, NetLoadIn, FileFactory, EasyShare, Badongo, and 2Shared Mirrors - Gazup!

Made it to the store... they only had 2GB and 4GB Class4 cards... bought a 2GB and a 4GB. Popped the 4GB into my laptop and fired up Win32DiskImager and selected the uNooter.img file (I'm using this guide Barnes & Noble Nook Color: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki ) and then I hit WRITE and it says "Not Enough Space On Disk" .... tried the 2GB card as well and says the exact same thing... the cards are formatted to Fat32 out of the package... any ideas?

EDIT: Could not write to MicroSD via laptop SD port... had to insert into NC to write image. Waiting for Rom Manager to download CWR currently.