New Nexus 7 vs. Xperia Tablet Z

Droidboardr

May 8, 2013
I am looking for some pros and cons of these two tablets, or recommendations are welcome as well.
It is my understanding that these two tablets use the same processor, is that correct? Would that mean that they would preform equally given most tasks? I would prefer to get the Xperia due to its larger size, and waterproof capabilities. However i hear that the nexus 7 is built with gaming in mind, and that is a large part of why i want a tablet. Gaming on my GS3 is just a bit too small, and i'm not sure the nexus is a big enough step. Also the lack of expandable memory is a strike against the nexus, but its constant upgrades, keep it as a contender. And Asus has a better tablet record than Sony.
Has anyone had experience with both or either of these tablets, and can give me some perspective.
Honestly i would like to hear more of what you think is lacking rather than what is perfect.
Thanks.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
One thing to consider, for gaming I've found that add nice as a larger display is for the most part these games are touch controlled and the 7 inch form factor can be s lot more comfortable to use, especially over long gaming sessions. Of course if you've ever had the chance to see and use a Sony Experia Z it may be one of the coolest designed tablets to date.

Droidboardr

May 8, 2013
That is what I have heard from a number of friends with the older Nexus 7, but the Sony tablet is so light, that it may not be too much of a difference. Thanks fort the input.