New Nook Color Owner

SliceBurgSlim

Jan 27, 2011
Whats up Yall!

My Name is Nico, I'm a N1Forum Supermod.

Just bought a Nook Color Yesterday and I can't wait to Root it! Can't believe this 1.1.0 Update comes out right after I buy it:mad:!

I hope the AutoNooter gets updated Soon!

rbo

Jan 27, 2011
I am also new to Nook Color and am going to root. Does the B&N reading software stay the same? Can I still borrow library books?

SliceBurgSlim

Jan 27, 2011
Finally got this Rooted last night after ALLOT of Reading. Had to go back to Stock n apply the 1.0.1 update to use the Autonooter. Now All is Gravy!

@RBO Yes I believe it does stay the same. Should still be able to Borrow.

bnewk1

Jan 26, 2011
I can confirm your Nook Color retains all the functions. I read that you only lose the free one hour reading in the store. I was going to buy a Galaxy Tablet but not now. Now I have to buy a second one for my wife. My grand love the live aquarium wallpaper, wife loves angry birds and I love having all my books and sheet music and paper work at all the time. My videos and 500 mp3 files are a button away. I have a 16 gig card ready if I need it.

My only complaints are no video output no wifi from my phone. This is a music teachers dream. My EVO 4G & Nook Color replaced my laptop. Slingbox when I have WIFI access are a great combo.

smw2561

Feb 5, 2011
I am new to NookColor also and have been looking at Rooting and I am completely lost right now... I am looking to add battery life... can anyone direct meon where to go or what to do.
Shari