New Nook rooted but have questions regarding auto nooter

NCGirl

Sep 2, 2011
Hi DizzyDen,

That first section was all greek to me but thanks sooo much for chiming in. The gist I get is that, either way, I'm going to need to get a new card (even if it's just one to get things going on to then transfer the image onto the one I currently have from).

Ok, I'll go out and get another one today, probably a 4 GB and try to see if that works out for me then take things from there if it does :). Thanks again.

By the way, if that DOES work out, can you detail for me the process for transferring the image over to a 16GB afterwards?

DizzyDen

Mar 31, 2011
Hi DizzyDen,

That first section was all greek to me but thanks sooo much for chiming in. The gist I get is that, either way, I'm going to need to get a new card (even if it's just one to get things going on to then transfer the image onto the one I currently have from).

Ok, I'll go out and get another one today, probably a 4 GB and try to see if that works out for me then take things from there if it does :). Thanks again.

By the way, if that DOES work out, can you detail for me the process for transferring the image over to a 16GB afterwards?

I am currently uploading a blank verygreen type of 16 GB card to my rapidshare now... looks like a couple more hours for it to finish uploading... all you will need to do is extract the file and write the image to your current 16 GB card and try it.

NCGirl

Sep 2, 2011
Hi DizzyDen,

Thanks soooo much for that :). I'll download that then, when I get home, I'll write an image of it onto the 16GB card I was trying things with before and let you know how that works out. I'll let you know how that works out. Also, I have an update! I got things to work on a new 8GB card I just bought. Here's what I tried and what ended up working :).

The first thing I tried was running the same steps. Specifically, I:

1) burned an image of the generic-sdcard-v1.3.img file (after extraction from the original "generic-sdcard-v1.3.img.gz" file).

2) Then I added the Android and Google apps zip files (update-cm-7.1.0-encore-signed.zip and gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip).

3) Then I made sure the nook was off and inserted the card, turned it on, then let all that code run. Then I held the off button for about 15 seconds to power off then …. tried to start it back up again.

4) It would not start up again :(.

That was the same thing that had happened when I tried to do this with the 1GB SanDisk card I'd taken out of my phone. So then I tried again. I reformatted the card and decided to try yet another angle. What I tried then was the same as before, only instead of the update-cm-7.1.0-encore-signed.zip and gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip files, I decided to try the earlier versions of those files (but still sticking to the 1.3 image file, because I know that my nook is running on the 1.3 updated software, which I imagine that "1.3" in the sdcard-v1.3 filename correlates to). That actually worked! Soooooo, basically I did steps 1, 2, and 3 the same as above, but instead I used update-cm-7.0.3-encore-signed.zip and gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip along with the image file.

Now I'm wondering this - how do I upgrade things, since I used earlier versions (or do I even need to)? Also, there was a hiccup during the Setup Wizard phase. Is it possible to bring that up again? If not, how do I get back in there again to set up my Google Marketplace stuff?

I'll repeat this post on the main instruction thread, for in case it could come in handy for folks who are having the same problem I was having :). Thanks again for your help, by the way - I would not have thought to try a different card size as a solution :).