New overclocked kernel avaiable for the NOOKcolor

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I am using the 900mhz. Are you guys using profiles in setcpu? My temp profle doesn't seem to be working properly...its not reading the temp properly. Are profiles really needed on the nook? I am using an ondemand governor

sent from my rooted nook color

I use these profiles: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/5119-setcpu-settings-nookcolor.html
and yes they are good to have on the NC. No temp. readings yet for the NC.

Is there any other location besides xda to get the kernels? I can't d/l from there. I'm registered but something is amiss.

The 4 kernels listed are the one only currently available. The NC is still fairly new and there are still no custom roms. You can get kernels from here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html

Please use the search feature here on the forum; it is your friend.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok. Thank you. I have set my profiles and all is running well will the 900mhz kernel.

bdholsin

Jan 18, 2011
Well, I've tried the 900 and 950 kernels. Neither of them will boot for me. When I revert to the stock (800 Mhz) kernel my NC will boot just fine. Here's hoping that the code will be tightened up and it'll work for all NCs.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hmm weird... I wonder is it an auto-nooter issue?!? Anyone besides myself successfully running the 950 or 1Ghz kernel?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Just installed the 950. Having some screen press problems. Have to press down harder than normal. But basically ok. I will see if it goes away.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Just installed the 950. Having some screen press problems. Have to press down harder than normal. But basically ok. I will see if it goes away.

It will happen all everyone running these kernel and it's easily fixable.

note: If touch sensitivity is somewhat unresponsive, simply press the power button to make your NC
go to sleep, then "n" to wake back up. Your super responsive touch should return back to normal.
The author of the new kernels said there is something a little off on his kernel scripts and this
is the solution for this temporary touch issue. Work for me. :)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok. Sounds like an easy fix. I should add that I installed these kernels using the latest version of clockwork recovery 3.0.0.7.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
No typo. I downloaded it from the market. It is currently on 3.0.0.7.

bdholsin

Jan 18, 2011
Thanks. It's sometimes difficult to keep up with CWR as it seems to get updated frequently and in streaks.

bdholsin

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah, I have 0.5 installed already. I'm actually waiting to see if Cyanogen releases a ROM for the NC as well as XDA releasing a more stable kernel too. My NC is not liking the 900 and 950 kernels at all. Still using the stock 800 kernel right now.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Having used Cyanogen on the droid 1, I can say it has its ups and downs, but I am looking forward to it. They just acquired one of my favorite developers of the Sapphire Droid Rom. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. They have a great team now.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Stelv I think you may be confusing ClockworkMod Rom Manager app and ClockworkMod Recovery.

ROM_Manager.apk (version 3.0.0.5) which can be used on any droid and recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-nookcolor.img which is made for the NC exclusively. I guess it doesn't help the version numbers are the same.

I'd be ok with use any rom manager version but stick to dedicated CW Recovery versions made for the Nookcolor.

rainmakerrc

Jan 11, 2011
I use these profiles: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/5119-setcpu-settings-nookcolor.html
and yes they are good to have on the NC. No temp. readings yet for the NC.

950 kernel working great so far for me. I am using the following SetCPU settings, which I picked up from the thread over at XDA:
600/950, on demand, set on boot (on main tab)
150000, 65, 0, 0, set on boot (on advanced tab)
I only use a single screen off profile (300/600, enable, set on boot)