New owner of MID7014, need some guidance

ndrordr

Feb 26, 2012
I just bought a 7014 for my son for his birthday. It's woefully slow in stock form. I want to root it and upgrade the stock ROM, add Market, etc, but I don't know which instructions to follow. There's lots of talk about the 7012, or the 7015, but I have seen very little mention of the 7014. It looks to be nearly the same as the 7012 except for the capacitive screen vs the resistive.

Help is appreciated.

Rob

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
What is your goal in wanting to root it?
Some think you need to root it to get the market on it, but you don't.

I'm sure you already know that rooting it will give the user full access to the unit, including critical files that make it run.
If you are giving it to your son, it might not be a good thing to give a kid a rooted tablet. they can wipe the thing real easy that way.

I don't have an answer for you because I've never found a reason to root mine, but it could be that you have no answers because nobody had tried it on your tablet yet.
You may have to be the pioneer in this case and take the chance and try it. Then you can be the expert on how to root the 7014 and tell us all how to do it!

ndrordr

Feb 26, 2012
I want to root it because I want to install a different ROM as the stock one is horribly slow.

Yes I want to add the real market too and I have seen some posts about how to get the market on other Coby's.

My sons play with my rooted Viewsonic G-Tablet all the time and have never managed to hose it up, so that doesn't really concern me. They mostly are playing games, watching YouTube, or other videos.

Thanks for the reply Photoweborama.

I'm not a complete new-b, just loaded ICS on my G-Tab last night, just not that familiar with the 7014 yet.

Rob