New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
It should root ok, there is CWM10 guides online for installing custom roms just make sure its for your chip set only trouble with custom roms is the bugs on different hardware, i prefer stock roms and root them as its set up for your tablet.
Thanks for that, I will have a look at the CWM 10 guides.

ctolio

Jan 25, 2013
Hi friend,

I have downloaded V701D_v2.0-SD.zip from onda site, it this the JB firmware?
I have copied all files to the external sd card and applied step3 but I got a message saying:
E: Bad bootloader arguments
"null"
E:unknown volume for path /udisk/factory_update_param.aml
E:Can't mount /udisk/factory_update_param.aml

Could you please help
Many thanks
Ctolio

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi friend,

I have downloaded V701D_v2.0-SD.zip from onda site, it this the JB firmware?
I have copied all files to the external sd card and applied step3 but I got a message saying:
E: Bad bootloader arguments
"null"
E:unknown volume for path /udisk/factory_update_param.aml
E:Can't mount /udisk/factory_update_param.aml

Could you please help
Many thanks
Ctolio

Hi, try formatting your SDcard to FAT32 the you need the following files on SDcard -
patch.zip
update.zip
aml_autoscript
factory_update_param.aml
u-boot.bin
uImage_recovery

Now boot to recovery, let me know how you get on.

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
I had a look at those Cyanogen Mods,but it goes a bit above my hat so I guess it's better to choose for your version as they have proofed to be working well. I installed it previously on an Onda v712.

Just a few more questions if allowed.

Is it possible to back up my stock rom to reinstall if something isn't to my likes?

Since the Aigo has a 5000 mAH battery, where the Onda had a 3000 mAH, is there something I will have to change in the power_profile.xml file ?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I had a look at those Cyanogen Mods,but it goes a bit above my hat so I guess it's better to choose for your version as they have proofed to be working well. I installed it previously on an Onda v712.

Is it possible to back up my stock rom to reinstall if something isn't to my likes?

Since the Aigo has a 5000 mAH battery, where the Onda had a 3000 mAH, is there something I will have to change in the power_profile.xml file ?

You could use Titanium Backup to copy your stock rom or just download from their site and there is Battery apps available in the store.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012

You could try this program (link below) it is chinese but just open zip and install the program connect your tablet make sure it has USB debugging and Non-market apps checked in settings then run the program, select the red icon far right, it looks like a tool box then you will see the root icon, select that and it will auto run.

QQPhoneManagerWeb.rar

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
You could use Titanium Backup to copy your stock rom or just download from their site and there is Battery apps available in the store.

Sorry to bother again, but what you mean with battery apps.

As far as I can see those apps just check the status of your battery etc, but I thought it was important to have the exact battery capacity set in your power profile to avoid excessive drainage or wrong charging profile.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you had other apps in mind, could you give me an example?

ctolio

Jan 25, 2013
you da man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
one thousand likes for you

PS. What I did wrong was that I initially copied the files to the SD card through the tablet and not directly from PC.

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
You could try this program (link below) it is chinese but just open zip and install the program connect your tablet make sure it has USB debugging and Non-market apps checked in settings then run the program, select the red icon far right, it looks like a tool box then you will see the root icon, select that and it will auto run.

QQPhoneManagerWeb.rar

I have downloaded qqphonemanager but when I click the .exe it starts to download soimething which seems to be a quite large file. I'm on a limited 3G connection so I have to watch my limit.

Can you explain a little further what this program is supposed to do, can't find any info on google, and how large the download will be.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I have downloaded qqphonemanager but when I click the .exe it starts to download soimething which seems to be a quite large file. I'm on a limited 3G connection so I have to watch my limit.

Can you explain a little further what this program is supposed to do, can't find any info on google, and how large the download will be.

The program is 30.6mb it is a phone/tablet manager for back ups, contacts etc but has extras like rooting and it should root your tablet.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Sorry to bother again, but what you mean with battery apps.

As far as I can see those apps just check the status of your battery etc, but I thought it was important to have the exact battery capacity set in your power profile to avoid excessive drainage or wrong charging profile.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you had other apps in mind, could you give me an example?

Here's the one i use - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration

Cobble

Jan 24, 2013
Here's a guide for LiveSuite

1. Run LiveSuite

2. Select the firmware

Click the "SelectImg" button (the first button from the left) to select the firmware .img file.

3. Select the format to force upgrade

Livesuit prompt "force format", click "Yes" (Y).

4. Upgrade begins

Pop-up "OK to force format" dialog box, select "Yes", the upgrade begins.

5. The upgrade is complete

Firmware download process last about three and a half minutes or so, please wait until the prompt "upgrade successful."

6. Automatic restart

After the upgrade is complete, your tablet will automatically restart, then you can unplug the USB cable.
Slow start-up for the first time, please be patient.

Hi again.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, but it worked fine - although I had to find different drivers as the included one wouldn't work on either W8 or XP.

It's all grand now. Thanks!

Cobble

Jan 24, 2013
Btw do you have a list of all the Chinese 'spyware' files? Since the v702F ROM is already rooted I'm trying to remove the Chinese apps manually.

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I know this program as I use it myself, but it doesn't answer my question.

If I look in the power_profile.xml from framework-res.apk it mentions the exact capacity of the battery.

radio.active 1 radio.scanning 0.5 gps.on array radio.on value 0.2
cpu.speeds 400000 cpu.idle 8
cpu.active 160 battery.capacity 3000  8

What is the importance, if any, that the capacity is set correct in the xml file ?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I know this program as I use it myself, but it doesn't answer my question.

If I look in the power_profile.xml from framework-res.apk it mentions the exact capacity of the battery.

radio.active 1 radio.scanning 0.5 gps.on array radio.on value 0.2
cpu.speeds 400000 cpu.idle 8
cpu.active 160 battery.capacity 3000 8

What is the importance, if any, that the capacity is set correct in the xml file ?

Well as far as i know and i am not 100% but the " power_profile.xml" in the Framework-res.apk seems to be used to build the stats on what is using the battery so when you go to the battery option in the settings you see the graphs, the battery size is also written in the batterystats.bin which that program changes, as for the importance of having it changed in the xml file i do not know maybe another member might know, for me if it did need to be changed then i would assume the dev of the app would of included the change of the xml in the app. Try opening a thread on the subject you will then get answers from members who work on this.