New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Btw do you have a list of all the Chinese 'spyware' files? Since the v702F ROM is already rooted I'm trying to remove the Chinese apps manually.

The list below is the standard installed, the names will stay the same but the version numbers might of changed.

delete("/system/app/AnZhi_Onda_Pad_VER_3_4.apk");
delete("/system/app/cn.com.fetion_387122.apk");
delete("/system/app/cn.goapk.market_0.apk");
delete("/system/app/cn.wps.moffice_415977.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin_403232.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.jingdong.app.mall_393676.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.mt.mtxx.mtxx_366156.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.netease.newsreader.activity_353500.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.pplive.androidpad_199584.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.qq.reader_409567.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.sina.weibo_273060.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.tencent.minihd.qq_403348.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.tencent.mm_357775.apk");
delete("/system/app/com.youdao.dict_403989.apk");
delete("/system/app/FireAirReceiver.apk");
delete("/system/app/FireAirSender.apk");
delete("/system/app/GameZone.apk");
delete("/system/app/kwplayer_ar_3.3.0.0_onda01.apk");
delete("/system/app/ONDA_for_A1x_v3.3.apk");
delete("/system/app/ONDA_for_AML_v4.11.apk");
delete("/system/app/ondaforpad_0.3.1_v3197.apk");
delete("/system/app/shoujiMSN7.apk");
delete("/system/app/TigerMap-3.20.20120720A-ANDhefangda.apk");
delete("/system/app/UCMobile_V2.0.3.210_apad_pf147_bi800_(Build12091417)(1).apk");
delete("/system/app/softonda.apk");
delete("/system/app/UCMobile_V2.0.3.210_apad_pf147_bi800_Build12091417.apk");
delete("/system/app/ZBoupengHD_armv5v7_oupengmobile-nogame_XX_2_196_369_2_9_2.apk");

Cobble

Jan 24, 2013
Yeah nothing there that I've missed.

To your list I can add -

360buy1.1.6.apk
MSN7.1.0.12.apk
PPTV网络电视HD1.2.2.apk
微信4.0.apk
新浪微博3.0.1.apk
游戏地带.apk
美图秀秀1.5.4.apk

They're from V702F_v1.4-0123

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
The Tab is now rooted thanks to the program you posted, however it took me 6 hours of sweat and blood. I guess I've to update my Chinese :cool:

Tried to install the Onda firmware, but it won't start. Screen backlight keeps flashing, 5 sec on 5 sec off, but nothing happens.I've been able to restore the original firmware, but the screen rotation doesn't seem to work anymore.

So I have a firmware file from the Aigo and one from the Onda. Should I replace certain files to create a start up, or do you have any other suggestions ?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
The Tab is now rooted thanks to the program you posted, however it took me 6 hours of sweat and blood. I guess I've to update my Chinese :cool:

Tried to install the Onda firmware, but it won't start. Screen backlight keeps flashing, 5 sec on 5 sec off, but nothing happens.I've been able to restore the original firmware, but the screen rotation doesn't seem to work anymore.

So I have a firmware file from the Aigo and one from the Onda. Should I replace certain files to create a start up, or do you have any other suggestions ?

It depends, i am not sure what you are wanting to achieve? I prefer to keep official firmware, if you are wanting a custom firmware there is CWM 9/10 and roms for your chipset, let me know. Also if you post link to Aigo firmware i could take a look.

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
It depends, i am not sure what you are wanting to achieve? I prefer to keep official firmware, if you are wanting a custom firmware there is CWM 9/10 and roms for your chipset, let me know. Also if you post link to Aigo firmware i could take a look.

Below is the link to the Aigo firmware.

NEW M80d_e8t3_aigoM80D_20120830.zip - DivShare

It's ICS 4.03.

I wanted to install the Onda JB firmware, but as I said it doesn't start.

I had to do a factory reset to get the Aigo functioning again, but the sreen rotation has stopped functioning. I try to figure out now if it's the sensor that's faulty or a software issue.

drlemming

Jan 8, 2013
Still nothing back yet but i did find this for your chipset -

Download this file - Root-Restore.7z

Now the instructions say to extract files to desktop then connect tablet to pc, make sure USB debugging and non-market apps are checked in tablets settings then double click RunMe.bat and follow instructions, if you get stuck there is a video guide below.

Many thanks for that, I managed to root it using that, and I have managed to remove most of the chinese apps, although I still have OperaHD and something with a tiger icon, but I don't know what APK they are (do I just uninstall them manually?)

However PhoneSky.APK won't install. I can happily copy it across and set permissions but it won't install. And so I now get error 942 in trying to install some apps from the PlayStore?

Last edited by a moderator:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Many thanks for that, I managed to root it using that, and I have managed to remove most of the chinese apps, although I still have OperaHD and something with a tiger icon, but I don't know what APK they are (do I just uninstall them manually?)

However PhoneSky.APK won't install. I can happily copy it across and set permissions but it won't install. And so I now get error 942 in trying to install some apps from the PlayStore?

If you go to Manage apps and select the playstore, clear cache and data then do the same for Google Framework switch off tablet and boot to recovery and clear cache now restart. The Tiger Icon is Tiger Maps, there is a list of apps a few posts back of the ones i Know i will find out what the OperaHD is named as.Let me know how you get on.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Below is the link to the Aigo firmware.

NEW M80d_e8t3_aigoM80D_20120830.zip - DivShare

It's ICS 4.03.

I wanted to install the Onda JB firmware, but as I said it doesn't start.

I had to do a factory reset to get the Aigo functioning again, but the sreen rotation has stopped functioning. I try to figure out now if it's the sensor that's faulty or a software issue.

Which Onda Tablets firmware are you using?

drlemming

Jan 8, 2013
If you go to Manage apps and select the playstore, clear cache and data then do the same for Google Framework switch off tablet and boot to recovery and clear cache now restart. The Tiger Icon is Tiger Maps, there is a list of apps a few posts back of the ones i Know i will find out what the OperaHD is named as.Let me know how you get on.

At what point, do I try and install the new Playstore then? I have tried a number of combinations of clearing cache (for both GoogleFramework and Playstore) at different points, then trying to install the new playstore but no joy.
Is there a specific combination, or do I need to disable the applications first?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
At what point, do I try and install the new Playstore then? I have tried a number of combinations of clearing cache (for both GoogleFramework and Playstore) at different points, then trying to install the new playstore but no joy.
Is there a specific combination, or do I need to disable the applications first?

Try deleting the original Playstore/Phonesky then install the new Phonesky, don't press it to install just reboot. When your trying to install it is it giving you a reason ie Parsing error, or is it just saying app not installed? Try a different playstore.apk links below -

Phonesky 3.9.17 - http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...5/kjwn2hymAa&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13593699747323

Previous versions - Download: Latest Google Play Store 3.10.10

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Android 4.1.1 Onda v712 version 2

V712D-V2_v2.0SD

Would the v801 - v802 not be a better match? I also noticed your screen res is[FONT=Helvetica, Helvetica, serif] [/FONT]1280*768, would you not be better with the Novo 7 firmwares?

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
Would the v801 - v802 not be a better match? I also noticed your screen res is1280*768, would you not be better with the Novo 7 firmwares?

Thanks for your help, but my real question was actually why the firmware wouldn't start installing.

it wiped the installed firmware from the tab, but I dn't get the animated Android icon or also no install.I waited probably 10 minutes without any result, I however saw that the screen backlight was continous flashing on and off.

For now the problem is solved, as I've returned the tab to the shop and claimed back my money. Reason is that they advertised it to have an IPS screen, which isn't true.

I'm in the market now for either a Onda v812 , an Ainol Novo 10 Hero or an Ainol Novo 10 Hero II. Which one would you consider is best value for money. Here in thailand the Onda is 210 US$ while the Ainol Hero II is 225 US$ and the Hero 1 is 190 US$.

Major use is for an 8 year old as a e-reader and of course some games.

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for your help, but my real question was actually why the firmware wouldn't start installing.

it wiped the installed firmware from the tab, but I dn't get the animated Android icon or also no install.I waited probably 10 minutes without any result, I however saw that the screen backlight was continous flashing on and off.

For now the problem is solved, as I've returned the tab to the shop and claimed back my money. Reason is that they advertised it to have an IPS screen, which isn't true.

I'm in the market now for either a Onda v812 , an Ainol Novo 10 Hero or an Ainol Novo 10 Hero II. Which one would you consider is best value for money. Here in thailand the Onda is 210 US$ while the Ainol Hero II is 225 US$ and the Hero 1 is 190 US$.

Major use is for an 8 year old as a e-reader and of course some games.

Out of those the v812 or for a few more dollars have a look at the v972 - Onda V972 Quad Core 9.7 Inch Retina Screen RAM 2GB Daul Camera Android Tablet PC 16GB