New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
Out of those the v812 or for a few more dollars have a look at the v972 - Onda V972 Quad Core 9.7 Inch Retina Screen RAM 2GB Daul Camera Android Tablet PC 16GB

Thanks for the reply, I leaned more to the Nov 10 hero probably because that is the cheapest in the list and you get 10" screen for it, but I guess you base your decision on the quad core cpu the v812 has.

Is it really such an improvement over a dual-core?

As for the v972, that one is 275 $ so still an additional 65$, and it is an unlimited market of course.I'm sure in 2 months there will be some tab that leaves the above mentioned models far behind in specs and price.

I guess the boy will be very happy with a v812.

hortas

Jan 25, 2013
I succesfully managed to update and root my V811 to firmware v2.1, thanks to iiDiabolusZz's guide. Now i'm wondering whether i can just update to V2.11 without thereby loosing my data and root.

I'm new to android so this may be sound as a dumb question. But do I always have to begin the whole process of rooting and re-installing after each firmware update? Or is there a proper way to update without loosing all data?

Updating my question: Would it be okay to just copy the patch.zip onto SD-card and then using the usual update process to NOT lose all personal data but only move from v2.1 to v2.11?

Update 1: As the patch.zip is much older than the update.zip my above idea is obviously wrong. So any clarification on this is appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

JamesyD

Jan 7, 2013
I have an Onda v812 and used the OTA to update my firmware as i couldnt do it with the USB software from Onda, So all i want to do now is root and put the Google market fix on. If I put the correct files on the memory card can i just install them through CWM recovery as I can only get my tablet to boot up in CWM recovery mode.

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
I have an Onda v812 and used the OTA to update my firmware as i couldnt do it with the USB software from Onda, So all i want to do now is root and put the Google market fix on. If I put the correct files on the memory card can i just install them through CWM recovery as I can only get my tablet to boot up in CWM recovery mode.

Onda tablets come pre rooted, or something must have changed very recently.

Could you please comment on the bettery life of your v812 please, as I'm interested to buy one in the next few days, but read rather dissapointing reviews concerning the battery life.

drlemming

Jan 8, 2013
Originally Posted by iiDiabolusZz Try deleting the original Playstore/Phonesky then install the new Phonesky, don't press it to install just reboot. When your trying to install it is it giving you a reason ie Parsing error, or is it just saying app not installed? Try a different playstore.apk links below -

Phonesky 3.9.17 - http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13593699747323

Previous versions - Download: Latest Google Play Store 3.10.10

Ok, that didn't work and PlayStore has now disappeared. When I try to install Phonesky, all I get is App not installed.
Ok will try the other version of Phonesky now.

The 1st link didn't work, and the 2nd link gave me error 942 again when I tried to access some of the apps in the PlayStore.
Any ideas?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Updating my question: Would it be okay to just copy the patch.zip onto SD-card and then using the usual update process to NOT lose all personal data but only move from v2.1 to v2.11?

Update 1: As the patch.zip is much older than the update.zip my above idea is obviously wrong. So any clarification on this is appreciated.

Thank you.

You need to use both update and patch from same update. Before you update use root explorer go to system/app press the menu key (top right) and press "multi select" check the apps you want to keep and copy and paste to the external sdcard then update, then once done, again using root explorer copy and paste them back to system/app.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012

You need to root it before the update using root keeper then use the OTA update, you will need to roll back and root first.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Originally Posted by iiDiabolusZz Try deleting the original Playstore/Phonesky then install the new Phonesky, don't press it to install just reboot. When your trying to install it is it giving you a reason ie Parsing error, or is it just saying app not installed? Try a different playstore.apk links below -

Phonesky 3.9.17 - http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13593699747323

Previous versions - Download: Latest Google Play Store 3.10.10

The 1st link didn't work, and the 2nd link gave me error 942 again when I tried to access some of the apps in the PlayStore.
Any ideas?

Use root explorer to delete any playstore/phonesky apks on tablet, download and install the app below, run it and select "Install and Reboot"

GooglePlay Installer v1.0.7.apk

Last edited: