New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

thanthequyen

Jun 3, 2013
Well, I'm joining the complaints about not being able to boot into recovery mode:

device: Onda V801
firmware: V811D-V7_v3.1

I managed to install firmware following STEP 1, can now boot my device (normally) with Chinese language and all the Chinese apps on it.
However, I'm not able to get into recovery mode to finish rooting the system.

I tried:
- endless ways and combinations of booting using home, power and reset key
- formatting the SD card with FAT32
- redownloading the (in my understanding) two necessary files: root.zip and factory_update_param.aml
- searching chinese and english forums for other solutions

not to mention that all these efforts have been without result so far...

Since this seems to be a just recently occuring issue, I hope there will be some solutions soon!

UPDATE: I managed to get into recovery mode using the adb method. However I recognized that none of the upgrades (firmware or rooting) seem to work - usually there is no change at all; the device only experiences a reset. Moreover my WiFi doesn't work. The message "activating WiFi" (or else) endlessly appears in the settings menu, but nothing actually happens. Ideas?

-Matthew

hello, try it, its problem
ONDA °º´ïµç×Ó
use google translate

shebu18

Jan 3, 2013
I tried the method and the tablet goes into flashing mode but i get a "Installation aborted" and do not know why. If i try to install update from TFCard i also get a instalation aborted.

Any other method?

Now my tablet is locked at the ONDA screen and i can not flash it from SD card.

Last edited:

wittekop

Jun 6, 2013
hello, try it, its problem
ONDA °º´ïµç×Ó
use google translate

To all the people having difficulties to boot into recovery mode with Onda V712 V1 and V2 model:

[h=3]JonoAndroidNerd[/h]So I've recently got a Onda V712 (from Merimobiles) - It's a V1 and came with baseversion 1.0 pre-installed. I hit a couple of problems along the way so thought I would share the solutions (in separate posts). I now have base version 1.5.5 running - which is cool
smiley.gif

Solved: Problem: Onda v712 could not start recovery mode with SD Card plugged in. I would get the White Android and then the screen would blank again.
Solution: I found a solution: Eject the SD card (but have it in the slot - but not pushed in), press Home and Start. As soon as the White Android appeared I let go of the power button (kept Home button pressed) and inserted the SD Card. This worked fine for me, and the Green Android (with the blue belly thing) started up fine.

I heard some people muttering that the SD Card must be between 512MB and 8GB for the Recovery mode to work.I tried and it made no difference to me - so I kept going with a 16GB SD card.
pasted from: Onda V712 firmware updates - SlateDroid.com - Page 2

So to boot into recovery mode:

1. Power off the device
2. Eject the SD Card (with installation/update progs on it)
3. Hold down HOME and POWER button
4. If white droid appears on the screen, release POWER button and insert SD Card but keep pressing HOME button meanwhile!!
5. White droid should transform in Hulk Droid ^^

I have spent several hours yesterday to get into recovery mode, after that, flashing the 1.5.5 and 2.0 updates really was a piece of cake :) Also I used recovery mode only both times, but it is important to tell you about some other useful piece of advice: if you happen to have an update file from the STEP 1 type of this first post, it is possible to do it with recovery mode too - so no hassle with silly Windows 7 32 bit versions... ;)

Download v1.5.5 from: Onda Site (use either the V1 or V2 depending on your serial number)

I put the following files into the SDCard.

(all the next files are extracted from V712D-V1_v1.5.5.zip and then Resource.V712D-V1_v1.5.5.zip)

• config_progress.xml
  • patch.zip
  • u-boot-orig.bin
  • uImage_recovery
  • update.zip
  • usb_spl.bin
  • factory_update_param.aml (which you create - see below)

I put the following (using any old text editor) into my factory_update_param.aml --> Make this yourself and save it litterally as 'factory_update_param.aml'

--update_package=/sdcard/update.zip
--wipe_data
--wipe_cache
--wipe_media

If you wanted all the chinese apps too then use this file instead. The chinese apps are in patch.zip - I don’t need these.

--update_package=/sdcard/update.zip
--update_patch=/sdcard/patch.zip
--wipe_data
--wipe_cache
--wipe_mediaThen I entered into Recovery mode (press Home button and ON button) and it installed things (as instructed by the factory_update_param.aml file)
(pasted from same link as above)

Sorry if I am stating the obvious for Android experts but this would have helped me a lot yesterday :)

mad_ady

May 2, 2013
I didn't know the recovery rom won't boot with an SD card inserted. This might cure a lot of headaches! Nice find!

hortas

Jan 25, 2013
Has anyone tested the new v4.2.2d firmware for V811 dual core (or similar)? Can it be rooted or does it come pre-rooted?

morashid679

Jun 13, 2013
Hi Guys,

I can't access my ext sd card in "root explorer". I can view it with the tablets file manager but not with root exp.

I also can't install phonesky.apk.

It states I need to on ics but I'm on jb 4.2.2 firmware v3.0_v3

How do I go on ics?

Its a onda v971 quad.

Thanks

Sent using Tapatalk.

Cor

Dec 5, 2010
Wow! Older firmwares were a real PITA! For those dropping by, don't be put off! It's easy now.

I upgraded my V701s to the latest firmware (3.3.1_V1, Android 4.2.2, using PhoenixSuit V1.08 which came inside V701s Core4_V3.3.1_v1.rar) and then installed the "Onda_Allwinner_A31_root_v1_0.zip" update via SD card (recovery boot) and everything just works, Play store, paid apps, camera, everything. I had to delete some Chinese apps (okay, quite a few), but that's about it. I needed root for enabling multi-users, fwiw.

I've no idea how to tell the version of the tablet from the serial number, if that is significant, let me know and I'll report it

;o) Cor

mad_ady

May 2, 2013
@Cor: I heard that Onda made a different hardware version called v701 that has QuadCore CPU instead of DualCore. How many cores does your CPU have? What ROM were you on before? Can you post links to the firmware you flashed?
Thanks. I wonder if it would work on my dual-core Onda v701 clone :)

Cor

Dec 5, 2010
@Cor: I heard that Onda made a different hardware version called v701 that has QuadCore CPU instead of DualCore. How many cores does your CPU have? What ROM were you on before? Can you post links to the firmware you flashed?
Thanks. I wonder if it would work on my dual-core Onda v701 clone :)

The device I have is a QuadCore. The firmware I flashed came from here:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=389436537#category/type=0

It's a 364MB rar file containing the system image and Windows software.

I can't recall what firmware version I was on before I upgraded, it was whatever came pre-installed. I think 3.1.something.

;o) Cor

mad_ady

May 2, 2013
I will try it when I plan on bricking the tablet, thanks :)
Most likely it won't work on older v701 models.
<offtopic>Why do manufacturers decide to reuse version numbers for different products?</offtopic>

jl70

Jan 26, 2014
What can I upgrade with my onda v812? The android version is 4.2.2 and the firmware is v3.2_v1