New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

wellhung

Dec 13, 2012
Hi, new to the forum. Nice to meet you all.

I purchased onda v701(dual core) and v702(single core) when I was in china couple days ago. They both came in 4.0.x and it seems only my v701 can be updated to JB. I mean seriously v701 was like $5 more expensive but the difference between them is like night and day...

Anyway, I updated to JB and it works(had trouble with boot loops, stayed between white android and ONDA logo, but after wiping everything in recovery and applying "update.zip" manually it worked, oh is it necessarily to install "patch.zip" as well? the content seems to be mostly those chinese apps).

I tried rooting with your package and that seems to work as well. The things not working for me:

-Chrome Beta(why is it still "Beta"?). It FCed right away. Searching for Chrome in Play Store(which works btw) yield no result(not compatible with my device).
-Voice Search(Google Now, Google Text to Speech in settings). FCed right away. Too bad it's the only reason I updated to JB...

Any ideas? You said you did this procedure with 30+ v701s. Do those two things work on them?

Also another question. Both v701 and v702 seems to have a very funky aspect ratio when holding in portrait mode. The display looks distorted. It's obvious looking at the unlock icon(white circle) is more an ellipse than a perfect circle(like on my android phone). Is this normal? The v701 would look normal(not perfect but not as distorted as portrait mode) on landscape view but in portrait view both tabs looks distorted. Any away to fix this? I tried changing the density but haven't got a perfect one maybe you can chime in.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi, new to the forum. Nice to meet you all.

I purchased onda v701(dual core) and v702(single core) when I was in china couple days ago. They both came in 4.0.x and it seems only my v701 can be updated to JB. I mean seriously v701 was like $5 more expensive but the difference between them is like night and day...

Anyway, I updated to JB and it works(had trouble with boot loops, stayed between white android and ONDA logo, but after wiping everything in recovery and applying "update.zip" manually it worked).

I tried rooting with your package and that seems to work as well. The things not working for me:

-Chrome Beta(why is it still "Beta"?). It FCed right away. Searching for Chrome in Play Store(which works btw) yield no result(not compatible with my device).
-Voice Search(Google Now, Google Text to Speech in settings). FCed right away. Too bad it's the only reason I updated to JB...

Any ideas? You said you did this procedure with 30+ v701s. Do those two things work on them?

Also another question. Both v701 and v702 seems to have a very funky aspect ratio when holding in portrait mode. The display looks distorted. It's obvious looking at the unlock icon(white circle) is more an ellipse than a perfect circle(like on my android phone). Is this normal? The v701 would look normal(not perfect but not as distorted as portrait mode) on landscape view but in portrait view both tabs looks distorted. Any away to fix this? I tried changing the density but haven't got a perfect one maybe you can chime in.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forums, you have to install the patch.zip as this contains the framework and permissions for google apps, in the v701 Jb firmware file copy the following files to your sdcard - update.zip, patch.zip, aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml, u-boot.bin, uImage_recovery.
Now shut down and boot to recovery, the white droid shows for about 30 seconds, goes then reappears, then the green droid show the installation progress, once done it will restart to chinese, shut down, now remove all the files you just put on sdcard and follow the root section, the file i wrote will remove all the chinese apps and install the correct permissions for google and root it, once done the playstore will work fully also chrome and voice will work.

Last edited:

Primator

Nov 29, 2012
Hi and welcome to the forums, you have to install the patch.zip as this contains the framework and permissions for google apps, in the v701 Jb firmware file copy the following files to your sdcard - update.zip, patch.zip, aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml, u-boot.bin, uImage_recovery.
Now shut down and boot to recovery, the white droid shows for about 30 seconds, goes then reappears, then the green droid show the installation progress, once done it will restart to chinese, shut down, now remove all the files you just put on sdcard and follow the root section, the file i wrote will remove all the chinese apps and install the correct permissions for google and root it, once done the playstore will work fully also chrome and voice will work.

I confirm this update procedure with a V701 and firmware 1.5.5.

wellhung

Dec 13, 2012
All right, works fine. Thanks!

Another snag though, the Onda v702(single core) won't boot to recovery. It doesn't have volume keys or a back key so the 2nd method to go to recovery doesn't work as well. Any other way?

This model when powered up doesn't have the white android logo but a colored one(green) inside a filled circle.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
All right, works fine. Thanks!

Another snag though, the Onda v702(single core) won't boot to recovery. It doesn't have volume keys or a back key so the 2nd method to go to recovery doesn't work as well. Any other way?

This model when powered up doesn't have the white android logo but a colored one(green) inside a filled circle.

Thanks again!

Hi, just downloaded the v702 S_C firmware and see it just loads the image, is it rooted? it may have the chinese superuser already on, if so the root file you downloaded for v701 contains rootexplorer.apk, just put that on sdcard and install it then you will have to use that to remove apps, i will see if anyone in china has it rooted or a custom image file just in case.

Last edited:

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
I took out all the chinese apps, chrome and voice dont work on the 1.5.5 firmware but JB 2.0 is due out for your tablet keep checking onda as they are flying through the updates.

I reaaly do hope the JB update is coming soon.. been a month since I had this tablet and all other onda tablet had their JB update already.~.~ btw, Thank You! at least it fixed my playstore problem not being compatible with most apps

dikman

Dec 13, 2012
I decided to try again, this time installing jellybean first (although I've no idea of the differences between it and ICS). That went well, so I then installed your root proggie and all went well - once I figured out how to change back to English! No Chinese apps and all looks good.

Now I just have to work out what I'm actually going to do with this tablet (pity it doesn't have a GPS, I didn't realise that when I ordered it).

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
A new fully working root package. This WILL install Superuser, Root Explorer, a COMPLETE working Google Play-Store, Chrome, Maps, Working Voice Search and more.
No more missing apps in the store, completely safe to update all Google apps through store. Your tablet at it's BEST.

This works on all Onda Tablets/Firmware and it is to be used once you have installed the latest firmware for your tablet from Onda, if you have just got your tablet and it has the latest firmware already installed (complete with chinese apps) then just use Root Section.

FIRMWARE SECTION

Only if your upgrading or wanting a fresh install, if your on latest firmware for your tablet just follow ROOT SECTION.

Download your firmware here - ONDA Onda Electronics

Open your firmware package and copy the following files to your sdcard -

update.zip - patch.zip - factory_update_param.aml

If there is no factory_update_param.aml file download it here Factory.aml.zip

Once done shut down tablet and boot to recovery* The white android will show for about 30 seconds and go off, it will then reappear and then the green android will show and the firmware installation will commence, once complete the tablet will restart in chinese, shut down and follow the Root Section.

ROOT SECTION

Please make sure you have removed ALL files used during firmware install from sdcard, other files (music/pics etc) are ok, then download the Root Package below -

Root_Gapps_complete.zip

Now open Root_Gapps_complete.zip and copy root.zip and factory_update_param.aml to your sdcard, once done shut down tablet and boot to recovery* the white android will show then the green android, once done the tablet will restart in chinese, go to the settings and change to your language and time zone then go to your apps and you will now see Superuser, Root-Explorer and Chrome etc.. ALL working 100%. Now enjoy your tablet as it should be.

*Recovery - Depending on tablet, Hold HOME-KEY for 4 seconds then still holding home-key, hold POWER-KEY until the white android shows then release BOTH keys. Not all tablets are the same some use the volume/back key instead of home key.

guys
im here to say thanks to this awesome guy diabulouzz

he knows that since 3 guides ago i was having troubles, since rooting, then later going back to the first firmware, then i told him that even the restoration mode with green droid wasnt working, when i was getting sad because of it, but this guide above if ****ing great, since begining, i followed 100% the guide and it is working ****ing great now

gmaps
root explorer
play store ( i downloaded 2 apps already with my gmail account)

everything fine

thanks man youre very good, awesome things will be back to you as you help so many people in this forum

thanks

andre j.

ps.: my tablet, vi30 dual core perfectly 4.1.1 and rooted
if i find an error ill post here, but im not sure of it, its running really well

just a final question, about these chinese apps, how do i uninstall all of them?
or should i leave a particular app installed?

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
guys
im here to say thanks to this awesome guy diabulouzz

he knows that since 3 guides ago i was having troubles, since rooting, then later going back to the first firmware, then i told him that even the restoration mode with green droid wasnt working, when i was getting sad because of it, but this guide above if ****ing great, since begining, i followed 100% the guide and it is working ****ing great now

gmaps
root explorer
play store ( i downloaded 2 apps already with my gmail account)

everything fine

thanks man youre very good, awesome things will be back to you as you help so many people in this forum

thanks

andre j.

ps.: my tablet, vi30 dual core perfectly 4.1.1 and rooted
if i find an error ill post here, but im not sure of it, its running really well

just a final question, about these chinese apps, how do i uninstall all of them?
or should i leave a particular app installed?

It should of removed them, i no one does stay on v701 home screen but when pressed just says app not installed so i just deleted icon, if you get time could you use root explorer to give me the names of the chinese apps still remaining and i will included them in the root package to remove, thanks. Also i am just finishing off a patch.zip file to replace the onda one, it will be rooted and fully working playstore etc.. but without the chinese apps therefore there will be no trace of them.

Last edited:

Vlatko

Dec 14, 2012
Hello, i have problem with Onda V701, i have it for like one week. Rooted everything was working fine. yesterday tablet wont start, it shows only android sign (and that's it), what do i need to have on my sd card?

sirknow

Nov 24, 2012
It should of removed them, i no one does stay on v701 home screen but when pressed just says app not installed so i just deleted icon, if you get time could you use root explorer to give me the names of the chinese apps still remaining and i will included them in the root package to remove, thanks. Also i am just finishing off a patch.zip file to replace the onda one, it will be rooted and fully working playstore etc.. but without the chinese apps therefore there will be no trace of them.

sorry about chinese apps
there is no chinese apps anymore
only icons

when you click on control panel where all apps are located

there is no chinese apps

worked like a charm thanks

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hello, i have problem with Onda V701, i have it for like one week. Rooted everything was working fine. yesterday tablet wont start, it shows only android sign (and that's it), what do i need to have on my sd card?
Hi, was it rooted etc using this guide? once this guide is done you dont need any files on sdcard, if it will go to recovery try clearing the cache and rebooting.

Vlatko

Dec 14, 2012
sorry about chinese apps
there is no chinese apps anymore
only icons

when you click on control panel where all apps are located

there is no chinese apps

worked like a charm thanks
I just put new firmware 2.0 on sd card, and everything is fine now (i guess automatic update was running when i have switch off tablet) Is the same root for firmware V1.5 and firmware V2.0 ?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I just put new firmware 2.0 on sd card, and everything is fine now (i guess automatic update was running when i have switch off tablet) Is the same root for firmware V1.5 and firmware V2.0 ?

Yes the root works on all firmware.