New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Success !Your a genius ID !, Ty so much :D .Im considering not upgrading again to the v1.2, when I now do a memory clear I get 1550mb+ of free memory , where I only got 1250 before, And I also get a higher score with the Antutu benchmark,But if I do decide to update will OTA Root Keeper still keep me rooted if I update using Phoenix suite, as I have the v1.2 firmware already downloaded , ty )

Dont worry, it dosnt , repeating step 1 :p

You might get a better benchmark on 1.2 once rooted and the chinese bloatware removed, but if you happy with it i would leave it.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I've not managed to get it to work by manually changing the build.prop file. Still stuck!

Have you tried the playstore from the root section that is what i have on v701 and it shows all apps. Just download the zip it is in system/app.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Download the file below, open it and inside root.zip open system then app. Copy "Google_PlayStore_v3_47.apk" and "GoogleServicesFramework.apk" to your sdcard, delete any phonesky.apk/playstore.apk/framework.apk then copy the new ones in system/app then reboot.

Root_Gapps_complete.zip

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2013
i just bought onda v712 android version 4.0.3, baseband version 1.5.5, kernel version 3.0.8.. what updates i should do. how can i root it. and how to remove the chinese apps please help me :D

JamesyD

Jan 7, 2013
Yeah i used titanium backup to delete all the bloatware then reinstalled the v.1.2 OTA, then I overclocked the CPU to 1.2Ghz and it ran very nice but then locked up during games, so had to underclock it slightly to 1.152 GHZ and its been stable at that speed. It did run the Antutu benchmark at 1.2ghz and get 14.691 !,Anyway What I want to ask is how would get the working unlocked Play Market onto the tablet. I have read how you do it on the first page but I can only boot my tablet into CWM recovery mode, and the factory_update AML dosnt even show up and the tablet is obviosuly already rooted, is it just simply a case of extracting the 3.4.7 Playstore app in the root folder then installing it ? thx :)

JamesyD

Jan 7, 2013
Yeah i used titanium backup to delete all the bloatware then reinstalled the v.1.2 OTA, then I overclocked the CPU to 1.2Ghz and it ran very nice but then locked up during games, so had to underclock it slightly to 1.152 GHZ and its been stable at that speed. It did run the Antutu benchmark at 1.2ghz and get 14.691 !,Anyway What I want to ask is how would get the working unlocked Play Market onto the tablet. I have read how you do it on the first page but I can only boot my tablet into CWM recovery mode, and the factory_update AML dosnt even show up and the tablet is obviosuly already rooted, is it just simply a case of extracting the 3.4.7 Playstore app in the root folder then installing it ? thx :)
I installed the market from the Root folder and it didnt make any difference to the factory version which is pretty good anyway on the Onda v812 , gives you every app you need really

simidisc

Feb 4, 2013
Greetings to everyone:D
new to tablets with an onda v711.
i have followed the instructions from first thread and succesfully rooted and update my tablet.
i have one little problem...titanium backup icon doesn t appear anywhere.i have installed it many times and still nothing....
any help?
*just solved it:rolleyes:
thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Harksu

Feb 6, 2013
Hi all.
I'm new to this forum, and in some part to rooting and updating firmware, so if this seem silly, I apologize.
I seem to have 2 challanges.
The first is that my Onda Vi30 (maybe v805, but I'm kinda guessing here) doesn't want to autostart the update from my external SD-card. I have to manually select it. Not a big deal but it might have something to do with the second thing.
Which is that I always seem to fail at the verifying part.
I get this:
Verifying update package..
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "g12refM805" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "g12refM805""
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
I've been trying the VI30D_v2.0_1117SD.zip file.
Tried to download the file VI30D_v2.0-1129SD from Onda, but I always time out after 3-4 hours :)

So, what am I doing wrong?

Thanx!

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi all.
I'm new to this forum, and in some part to rooting and updating firmware, so if this seem silly, I apologize.
I seem to have 2 challanges.
The first is that my Onda Vi30 (maybe v805, but I'm kinda guessing here) doesn't want to autostart the update from my external SD-card. I have to manually select it. Not a big deal but it might have something to do with the second thing.
Which is that I always seem to fail at the verifying part.
I get this:

I've been trying the VI30D_v2.0_1117SD.zip file.
Tried to download the file VI30D_v2.0-1129SD from Onda, but I always time out after 3-4 hours :)

So, what am I doing wrong?

Thanx!

Hi, the error "getprop" is looking for a different device, you must have the wrong firmware, there is a lot of versions of the vi30 - dual core, elite, deluxe etc... and each with different version numbers V1/V2, as for the download times, my downloads take 30-40 minutes before 3pm (GMT) as after that time it can take 4-5 hours per file.

Harksu

Feb 6, 2013
Hi, the error "getprop" is looking for a different device, you must have the wrong firmware, there is a lot of versions of the vi30 - dual core, elite, deluxe etc... and each with different version numbers V1/V2, as for the download times, my downloads take 30-40 minutes before 3pm (GMT) as after that time it can take 4-5 hours per file.

Aha! I dug out the box last night, and it would seem I'm in the wrong thread :eek:
I think I have one without dual-core, and an Allwinner A10 core.
I'll go there now.

Sorry for the inconvenience :)

Thanks!