New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

walze

Feb 7, 2013
1. Sorry for my bad english.
I have a question about an Onda V972. Is it possible to make a complet "FW backup" inkl. all (own Apps, own Accounts and so) ? I have a FW 1.32 incl. Root and Playstor-Fix, and now I want make a Backup from my Tab. If it not boot (in my first week it happens 3 times!!) that I can install it, and all is like bevor.

One question more, How can I install the Playstore-Fix allone?
Please help me. THANKS

Last edited:

Snuggs79

Jan 22, 2013
Carried out your instructions, have now got superuser and root explorer on my V712. The problem is I cannot see the Chinese apps in root explorer but they are still on system. What have I done wrong

bsvtag

Feb 13, 2013
Please leave feedback for others to see and click thanks if you use this guide :cool:
Hi,
I've got an Onda V701D V2, stock gapps don't allow contacts/calendar synchronization. Tried Root_Gapps_complete.zip , now see, that there are sync adapters in system/app. But still not possible to turn synchronization on. Moreover, now play market shows error on startup(translating to english): Error retrieve data from server [RH-01
]
Please advice.
Thank you!

temud

Feb 16, 2013
Hi,
I updated my Onda V702 tablet with the latest firmware (dual core version 2.0), and rooted it.
Is there a way to revert back to the default UI "Skin" ?
I don't like the new UI that came with the firmware update.

OiCory

Feb 19, 2013
Hello all,

I am OiCory, and lurked the forums for a very long time before finally registering for an account. I've followed your guide Diabolus (to the letter!) for my Onda V801

I get an error that says "Server Error" when opening Google Play. I can do anything else, including installing apks without the store, and after digging for hours I have found that when I tried to update my tablet to the newest firmware, it never installed "Google Framework Services", now I tried downloading and installing the .apk by itself but then it came up with a "Parsing Error". So I tried to copy and paste it into the apps folder of my tablet but it kept disappearing after restart. Finally, after much digging I found that it could be because the Play Store isn't updated to the newest version, so finally I flashed and updated to the newest gapps (3.10.10) and now I'm getting "Error RH-01". I am so confused and can not figure out why it will not work! Please help me. I'm about to start all over at v1.5.5 and then upgrade to 2.11 and see if that works. Any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: Ok, so 1.5.5 works perfectly, no problems. But when I go to root it, it breaks google play. So my idea is revert back to 1.5.5 then to 2.11 but dont root it and it should be ok.

Last edited:

clover06

Jan 24, 2013
hi i got my onda v701 tablet last month.. got few's problem and i need someone to help me. below is all the problems..

1. first when i got my onda v701 tablet, everything in Chinese (application) and it can't play store. then i follow the guide from http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...1-ics-4-0-3-play-store-etc-walk-through.html. thanks to iiDiabolusZz, my problem solved.

2. it start again with new problem.. it's said my sd card are not currently mounted.. i can't used my camera and all the files that have been downloaded is not in my sd card. missing.. i tried to used in other tablet, it's working except when i insert it back to my tablet the same problem happend again. then i follow the new tread on http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ing-play-store-google-apps-root-explorer.html ....
thanks once again to iiDiabolusZz and the problem solved... :)

3. then the next morning i tried to on my tablet again and this time i don't know what is going on. my tablet suddenly stuck with white robot and it cannot go further. i made some search.. some said holds the home button first for seconds then on the power button while holding the home button. yes i tried it and it's still the same. stuck with the white robot until the battery low.. i don't know how to fix it.. please help me and guide me step by step..

vlad2005

Feb 24, 2013
I'm new to android but i have some experience with linux.
I have an Onda Vi30 tablet (rebranded) with JB 4.1.1 with kernel version 3.0.8-g56706e5-dirty.
I want to root my tablet to remove some unwanted applications that come preinstalled.
But i'm little confusing. What i need to do? Until now i have tablet recognized with adb under linux.
But what procedure need to follow? Need to put another firmware? If so what version can be used, because i see a lot of versions on onda page. Or i can use step from Vi40 ultimate? I don't want to make something that i don't understand.
Thanks for any help!!!!

P.S. After revisited onda site, i think that my tablet is Vi30 ultimate. Look exactly the same, same techical description, but another logo :).
Firmware for JB 4.1.1 seem to be this: http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/Vi30Q/Vi30Q_A4.1.1-1019.zip, and come veeeeery slow, about 15KB/s.

Last edited:

Racefreak1

Mar 5, 2013
Hi new Im new here and to tablets too.

I tried the instructions at the first post and it did sone stuff at the begining tried to put the V711D-V5_v2.1 on but in the about tablet it still shows Android version as 4.0.3 and Bace as 1.5. and now google play dose not work. . I need some help please.

How do I figure out what version of the v711 I have?
Dose anyone have what I need whare I can use step 3 as steps 1 and 2 are way above me.

Thanks
Chuck

Last edited:

Racefreak1

Mar 5, 2013
OK so it looks like I am talking to myself here at this forum but I will post this anyway.

I had to learn how to use the USb burnning tool and forund it here > How to update V971 and V711 to Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) | Alternative Gadgets and thought I bricked it once but that was not the case just had to wait for the tablet to get above %60 battery before it would finish the flash.
So I got JB 4.1.1 on but I could not get the WiFi to connect or stay on, I tried reflashing with a fresh download in hopes that maybe something went wrong on the download or install but still no joy. Next I tried the root and superuser flash that adds google play and removes stock apps and still no WiFi. So now I am back to 4.0.3 ICS.

If I do the superuser and root thing will I loose google play? or is that only when I update to JB?

Is there any way to add back in to JB support for the CPU controller where I can step it back to power saving mode? I really got used to being able to use the tablet for 5-6 hours before having to plug it in.

Was there any big problems with the JB 2.0? I was thinking of flashing to that to see if I still have WiFi with it.

I hope some one can help me here
Thanks
Chuck

Mar 18, 2013
hi, i tried to root my Onda V701 V5 with JB 4.1.1. (back panel grey) following the instructions, all seems good, but at the end no superuser or root explorer appears and the tablet is not rooted. How it's possible?

shebu18

Jan 3, 2013
Hello, i upgraded my Onda V701 to the lst firmware on the site. I used ImageBurnTool. Everything went great. Now i want to root the tablet but i can not get in to recovery mode. I tryed many combinations but still no luck. i get the white android and after that i get the onda display. What shall i do? Revert back to a older firmware?

I have done this upgrade because my accelerometer was jumping arround, i could not play games that use the accelerometer.

shebu18

Jan 3, 2013
Please help, my display is also fliped and i can not use the tablet, it boots into android but it is not usable.

I have tried to use the "press reset while connected and then press home+power" method but the burning software still did not catch the tablet. I have no way to enter recovery.

shebu18

Jan 3, 2013
Hello, i think i have seen what happened, i flashed my onda v701 with the firmware for version V7, mine is V3. How can i now revert back to the firware for my tablet?

Last edited:

bipharv3y

Apr 10, 2013
Can anyone help me with my Onda V701...it is stucked on white android robot? I saw some procedures how to go to recovery mode but it seems not working. Pls. Help. thanks