New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
You could root it first then copy all the apps/games to external sdcard, it wont wipe them on there when you install Jb.

Rypper1

Dec 10, 2012
You could root it first then copy all the apps/games to external sdcard, it wont wipe them on there when you install Jb.
Too late. LoL! Already installed the firmware and rooted.
Another question, I am not sure how to change language. It didn't give me the page with the blue button you spoke of in one of your other posts. It booted to a screen with a new wallpaper and two boxes on the screen, all in chinese. I also don't see a box with sliders.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Too late. LoL! Already installed the firmware and rooted.
Another question, I am not sure how to change language. It didn't give me the page with the blue button you spoke of in one of your other posts. It booted to a screen with a new wallpaper and two boxes on the screen, all in chinese. I also don't see a box with sliders.

either press the 3 dots/small bar "|" in tool bar menu pops up bottom choice for settings or go to you apps top right 4/6?dots and you should see settings icon there(box with sliders), one in settings on the left side of screen go down to the white box black "A" (might be a cloud i heard) then on right side its the top choice to change language, then change your time zone.

Last edited:

Rypper1

Dec 10, 2012
either press the 3 dots/small bar "|" in tool bar menu pops up bottom choice for settings or go to you apps top right 4/6?dots and you should see settings icon there(box with sliders), one in settings on the left side of screen go down to the white box black "A" (might be a cloud i heard) then on right side its the top choice to change language, then change your time zone.
Got it! Thanks! And FYI Language is a black box with a pinkish looking cloud in it. Now that I have it rooted, is it safe to delete the chinese app icons?

Edit: One other thing, I recommend having your tablet plugged in and charging when rooting. Mine showed 76% when I started and it crashed on the first try because the battery drained. Not sure if the 76% was a false indication or not. Everything worked fine once I plugged it in, although it was showing almost no battery but charging.

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Got it! Thanks! And FYI Language is a black box with a pinkish looking cloud in it. Now that I have it rooted, is it safe to delete the chinese app icons?

Yes, try pressing them first, should say not installed.
If any do start you need to remove them with rootexplorer, run it then go down to system and press then app and press then find the apps to remove and hold on the app until menu pops up and choose delete, if any are left could you give me the names and i will include them to be removed when rooting, thank you.

Last edited:

Rypper1

Dec 10, 2012
Yes, try pressing them first, should say not installed.
If any do start you need to remove them with rootexplorer, run it then go down to system and press then app and press then find the apps to remove and hold on the app until menu pops up and choose delete, if any are left could you give me the names and i will include them to be removed when rooting, thank you.

Ok, I'll do that in a minute. Running a benchmark test on it to see what I gained in speed compared to before it was rooted.

Edit: Onda V711
Before - After
HTML5 929 -1038
Metal 317 - 362

Doesn't show a lot of gain but it appears to be smoother/faster to me, at least so far. I will find out more as I use it.

Last edited:

Rypper1

Dec 10, 2012
So far I haven't found any chinese apps that are still on it. If I do I will let you know.

Thanks a bunch for all your assistance in rooting my first tablet! The root files work great with no problems on V711!

kcirtap420

Dec 12, 2012
Hows your wifi signal?

Yea its dropped out a few times now just completely lost for a minute maybe. Also youtube stopped playing videos I can browse them but they won't play and there is a java exception error in the report. They work fine in my browser though. Just now it wouldn't wake from sleep had to reset it.

tbonesrealm

Dec 9, 2012
Hi iiDiabolusZz,

Update successful on my Vi30D -> Jellybean + JB , love it!^_^

I have just noticed that the max cpu speed was still on 1.2GH
is there a way to set it to 1.5GH?

Many thanks,

dalesalida

Dec 18, 2012
Format your sdcard to FAT32, you can try putting all the files inside V701D_v2.0-SD.zip on sdcard, except the .doc files but it is telling you it cant mount the sdcard so try a format if still problem then try a different sd.

iiDiabolusZZ

you´re a genius..

the sd was the problem

Now updated..."routed"... "chromed".... everything working fine!

really thanks for the help!

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi iiDiabolusZz,

Update successful on my Vi30D -> Jellybean + JB , love it!^_^

I have just noticed that the max cpu speed was still on 1.2GH
is there a way to set it to 1.5GH?

Many thanks,

Im sure there is a way, i will get back to you.

Rypper1

Dec 10, 2012
I've found that youtube doesn't work in Chrome but I think that is Chrome and not the root. It plays fine using the factory browser. So far I haven't had any dropouts on wifi.

tarek1993

Dec 21, 2012
@iiDiabolusZz
good evening sir
i have encountered a problem and all over the internet u seem to may help
i bought an onda v701 yesterday
and today i switched it off ...when i return it ON i seems to get stuck at the logo with black screen/white android
i searched the net for a resemblance for the problem but all i can find is this link
[Q] How to reflash a tablet (Onda V712) that won't boot or go into recovery mode? - xda-developers
i cant seem to access the recovery (when i push both power and home buttons)
cant seem to access the android main software what so ever
tried the reset button (dont know where to press it exactly since all i can do is switch on the "white android logo" or be switched off)
what they suggested is to download the pctool provided by Onda co
but the problem is its a "404 file not found now"
Google Translate
im tring to download the firmware now from here
ONDA Onda Electronics
the only thing if i follow ur directions will i be able to install it correctly meaning since all i can do is nothing how can i install it at all????
please help me i just bought the thing i dont want it stuck dead on me:(