New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

bountyleader

Dec 6, 2012
Hello, thank you again for the guide that rooted my tablet, but I'am having BIG issues. the tablet blocks all the time. and apps get re-seted randomly.This is verry fustrating to keep losing you progress from games after many hours, I hope you know what is causing this problem. the resets always happens after a randomly screen freeze =(

I have a Onda 802

WanaRoc

Dec 21, 2012
Nope, Didn't work. When I click on a youtube video it acts like it is playing and I can hear the sound from the video, just the screen is black. Have you seen that before?

I'm having the same issue, also the YouTube app no longer works.

gargamel

Dec 3, 2012
I'm having the same issue, also the YouTube app no longer works.

I too.... in my v701 youtube app crash when i try to see any video, but i can see all youtube videos in the web. There must be an incompatibility with Youtube App.

emersonvier

Aug 13, 2011
ROOT SECTION

Please make sure you have removed ALL files used during firmware install from sdcard, other files (music/pics etc) are ok, then download the Root Package below -

Root_Gapps_complete.zip

Now open Root_Gapps_complete.zip and copy root.zip and factory_update_param.aml to your sdcard, once done shut down tablet and boot to recovery* the white android will show then the green android, once done the tablet will restart in chinese, go to the settings and change to your language and time zone then go to your apps and you will now see Superuser, Root-Explorer and Chrome etc.. ALL working 100%. Now enjoy your tablet as it should be.

*Recovery - Depending on tablet, Hold HOME-KEY for 4 seconds then still holding home-key, hold POWER-KEY until the white android shows then release BOTH keys. Not all tablets are the same some use the volume/back key instead of home key.

My V711 dont have volume keys, only Home and Power, how I move highlight:

After I hold Power and Home show menu below

Android System recovery <3e>

Volume up/down to move hightlight:
enter button to select.
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from TFCard
apply update from cache
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
wipe media partition

SOLUTION

My mistake I forgot copy the files to SD.

My steps

1 - Download the file Root_Gapps_complete.zip
2 - Extract root.zip and factory_update_param.aml
3 - Format SDcard
4 - Copy root.zip and factory_update_param.aml to SdCard
5 - Turn off V711
6 - Put the SD Card on V711
7 - Hold the Power and Home
8 - Start the process automaticly
9 - Wait 20 seg
10 - Device Root and removed the chineses APK.

Thanks again iiDiabolusZz.

EMERSON VIER

Last edited:

jyargus

Dec 22, 2012
Just Want to say Thanks for a great thread and instructions. Just got this Onda v711 and first tried to translate the chinese docs and muster through it but found this forum and it probably saved my tablet. Upgraded and rooted successfully after a few attempts to 4.1 JB v2.0 play store working great, all chinese apps removed, chrome working, and netflix works too. Thanks again

kobien

Dec 22, 2012
I have a peculiar problem. I have an Onda vi10 elite. I have upgraded to JB 4.1.1 using livesuit and the image from the Onda site. The upgrade run smoothly, but my tablet is not compatible with many app from plays store any more. Note that the tablet is not rooted.

I tried to root as suggested here, but when I start up to recovery mode I do not see a white android, but a green android within cycle and then a green large android laying down with a red triangle with a ! on the middle. There is no auto boot, no auto install or anything like that. I tried to clean cache, reset, etc, but no success. Tried to manually install update, but no success.:(

Any help will be appreciated!

bur

Dec 23, 2012
Just upgraded to JB on v701. The first time I tried, it was stuck on the Onda logo. I had to go back into recovery and manually wipe, then flash update.zip and patch.zip. The root section worked as instructed.

iiDiabolusZz, thank you for all your hard work.

P.S. The YouTube app is not working for me either. I get this message, "Unfortunately, YouTube has stopped." Like others, I can watch videos using the browser.

kobien

Dec 22, 2012
I have a peculiar problem. I have an Onda vi10 elite. I have upgraded to JB 4.1.1 using livesuit and the image from the Onda site. The upgrade run smoothly, but my tablet is not compatible with many app from plays store any more. Note that the tablet is not rooted.

I tried to root as suggested here, but when I start up to recovery mode I do not see a white android, but a green android within cycle and then a green large android laying down with a red triangle with a ! on the middle. There is no auto boot, no auto install or anything like that. I tried to clean cache, reset, etc, but no success. Tried to manually install update, but no success.:(

Any help will be appreciated!

I have tried with 3 different sd cards. A 2gb, an 8 gb and a 32gb. The 8 and 32 gb are not mounted. The 2 gb is mounted, but it does not autostart the upgrade process. Can I manually install the root?

sweal

Dec 24, 2012
does this work for the v802 also? my problem seems to be that there is a signature discrepancy on the flash player which has made it so that i can't install fash 11 nor can i uninstall flash 10. onda tells me just to reinstall the firmware. unless you have any ideas for me on how to fix flash i guess i will have to reinstall the firmware. thanks

tbonesrealm

Dec 9, 2012
Hi,

I was able to update my vi30D from 4.0(ice cream) to 4.1(jellybean)+JB.
Just want to know if I do a factory reset on my tablet, will the firmware will return to 4.0?

Thanks,

felsar

Dec 18, 2012
Hi,

I was able to update my vi30D from 4.0(ice cream) to 4.1(jellybean)+JB.
Just want to know if I do a factory reset on my tablet, will the firmware will return to 4.0?

Thanks,

Factory reset will erase all your data [google facebook tweeter etc accounts] and all apps you have downloaded/installed, but firmware will be the same...

what it means is it will be back like "new" but with new firmware, in your case 4.1.

kobien

Dec 22, 2012
I have tried with 3 different sd cards. A 2gb, an 8 gb and a 32gb. The 8 and 32 gb are not mounted. The 2 gb is mounted, but it does not autostart the upgrade process. Can I manually install the root?

I have tried with another sd card, but still no success. The upgrade process does not start......

I tried to install it manually, the process seems to run and to end, but nothing is finally installed. HELP!!!!!!!!! :confused:
:confused: