New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

Red7

Dec 26, 2012
I just updated my V711 from 1.4 to 2.0. Jellybean looks and works great so far.

A problem I had was I didn't do a factory reset first, this seems to have caused the 'white android to Onda' loop. Performed factory reset then retried and it worked nice and easy.

I followed the upgrade instructions from the first page and only had the three listed files on my sd card and left off the extra couple of files from the Onda download (a .bin file and some others). Am I going to be missing something? Should I try reflashing with those files?

Youtube is not working for me either using the youtube app.

Netflix works great. If I root, will netflix still work? I'd like to get rid of the chinese apps, but I just disabled them in the settings app.

THANK YOU iiDiabolusZz ​!

WanaRoc

Dec 21, 2012
I just updated my V711 from 1.4 to 2.0. Jellybean looks and works great so far.

A problem I had was I didn't do a factory reset first, this seems to have caused the 'white android to Onda' loop. Performed factory reset then retried and it worked nice and easy.

I followed the upgrade instructions from the first page and only had the three listed files on my sd card and left off the extra couple of files from the Onda download (a .bin file and some others). Am I going to be missing something? Should I try reflashing with those files?

Youtube is not working for me either using the youtube app.

Netflix works great. If I root, will netflix still work? I'd like to get rid of the chinese apps, but I just disabled them in the settings app.

THANK YOU iiDiabolusZz ​!

YouTube stopped working for me after last update, previous version works very well, you can find it here: YouTube 4.1.47 - APKTOP

iiDiabolusZz,

Go ahead and root your device, Netflix will still work, but the Chinese apps will be gone. Then download the APK from the link above, install it, and the Youtube app will work just fine.

montgot

Dec 27, 2012
hi

I have downloaded the latest firmware for the v701 sophos has picked it up as a virus and I am unable to unpack any ideas what to do?

Red7

Dec 26, 2012
YouTube stopped working for me after last update, previous version works very well, you can find it here: YouTube 4.1.47 - APKTOP

Go ahead and root your device, Netflix will still work, but the Chinese apps will be gone. Then download the APK from the link above, install it, and the Youtube app will work just fine.

Works!!!

Nice, so flashed to 2.0 jellybean. Rooted using iiDiabolusZz's file. No more chinese apps and everything works. Had to roll youtube back to 4.1.47 but that worked perfectly! I haven't found problems with anything else.

:cool:

as1971

Dec 28, 2012
Hello,
I'm a newbie to android.
Could you please direct me to a place where I can find some technical information about the "Root", "Firmware", "Android". What the meaning of these terms exactly? How the android system is built? How can I delete all the system on my tablet (Like "Format" on Windows) and install a new fresh system?
Thanks a lot.

bur

Dec 23, 2012
I have tried with 3 different sd cards. A 2gb, an 8 gb and a 32gb. The 8 and 32 gb are not mounted. The 2 gb is mounted, but it does not autostart the upgrade process. Can I manually install the root?

Kobien, I had a similar situation as you. Yes you can do it manually.

Put the update.zip and patch.zip files onto your sd card; you won't need the .aml file. Then turn off your tablet, and boot into recovery. Next perform the 3 wipes: wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe media.

Then install update from sd card, first update.zip followed by patch.zip and reboot.

If you want to remove the Chinese bloatware/apps, just follow the second part of the OP's instructions.

robust

Dec 29, 2012
Hi, had tried your guide and my device(v701) was successful rooted, however when i try to play youtube video the apps close up and show this message "Unfortunately, youtube has stopped.".
Do you know what can be done to solve this?
Thank you.

(Sorry if my English is bad as it isnt my first language)

WCK

Dec 1, 2012
When I was in Hong Kong I bought an Onda V811 for myself and an Onda V711 for my son. I used your method to upgrade the V811 and it worked great. Rooted with JB and no Chinese apps! Thanks for the good work!

I want to upgrade the V711, but I have a problem, it will not mount an external sd card. I have been able to upgrade to JB using the usb/pc method, but as you know, no root and Chinese apps. And without the sd card working cannot do the Root Section of your instructions. Is it possible to use the usb/pc method somehow to root the V711, or should I go back to ICS? My thought is that if I can't use the external sd slot, with ICS, since it is rooted, I could at least remove the Chinese apps manually and free up usable space on the internal sd card.

Thanks for the help

kobien

Dec 22, 2012
Kobien, I had a similar situation as you. Yes you can do it manually.

Put the update.zip and patch.zip files onto your sd card; you won't need the .aml file. Then turn off your tablet, and boot into recovery. Next perform the 3 wipes: wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe media.

Then install update from sd card, first update.zip followed by patch.zip and reboot.

If you want to remove the Chinese bloatware/apps, just follow the second part of the OP's instructions.

Dear bur, thank you for your post. I have been doing my homework through different sites and it seems that Onda vi10 can be upgraded only using the livesuite program. The upgrade firmware from onda site is an image that cannot be mounted or extracted to other folder. Thus, I cannot upgrade through the suggested process here.

I have successfully upgraded to JB 4.1.1 using the livesuite program, but I cannot root my tablet and I cannot install the proper play app. I tried manually upgrading, but i had no luck. It seems that I need other files or a different process for the vi10.

Any help would be appreciated!

bur

Dec 23, 2012
Hi, had tried your guide and my device(v701) was successful rooted, however when i try to play youtube video the apps close up and show this message "Unfortunately, youtube has stopped.".
Do you know what can be done to solve this?
Thank you.

(Sorry if my English is bad as it isnt my first language)

Uninstall the current Youtube, and install an older version. This one worked for me : YouTube 4.1.47 - APKTOP

WCK

Dec 1, 2012
Hello,
I'm a newbie to android.
Could you please direct me to a place where I can find some technical information about the "Root", "Firmware", "Android". What the meaning of these terms exactly? How the android system is built? How can I delete all the system on my tablet (Like "Format" on Windows) and install a new fresh system?
Thanks a lot.

Might try this as a start, Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You should be able to drill down and get more technical info as you want.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Dear bur, thank you for your post. I have been doing my homework through different sites and it seems that Onda vi10 can be upgraded only using the livesuite program. The upgrade firmware from onda site is an image that cannot be mounted or extracted to other folder. Thus, I cannot upgrade through the suggested process here.

I have successfully upgraded to JB 4.1.1 using the livesuite program, but I cannot root my tablet and I cannot install the proper play app. I tried manually upgrading, but i had no luck. It seems that I need other files or a different process for the vi10.

Any help would be appreciated!

Does your firmware file just contain a image file? or does it have the update/patch.zip files? Let me no the names of ALL the files you get in the firmware package.

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hello,
I'm a newbie to android.
Thanks a lot.

ANDROID - This is the OS (operating system) like Windows and like windows comes in different versions, Gingerbread-Ice cream sandwich-Jellybean the latter being the latest version. It is basically a Java/Linux mix, if you can write java you will be ok.

ROOT - This is the main section of the flash memory (like a pc hard-drive) where the OS is stored and locked to protect it, when we say "gain root" we mean to unlock that part of the memory.

FIRMWARE - This is the OS and DRIVERS for your tablet/phone etc, like a windows installation disk, it contains all the files needed to run your system.

When you update the firmware or factory reset, the tablet is formatted, following this guide will install a fresh system.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
When I was in Hong Kong I bought an Onda V811 for myself and an Onda V711 for my son. I used your method to upgrade the V811 and it worked great. Rooted with JB and no Chinese apps! Thanks for the good work!

I want to upgrade the V711, but I have a problem, it will not mount an external sd card. I have been able to upgrade to JB using the usb/pc method, but as you know, no root and Chinese apps. And without the sd card working cannot do the Root Section of your instructions. Is it possible to use the usb/pc method somehow to root the V711, or should I go back to ICS? My thought is that if I can't use the external sd slot, with ICS, since it is rooted, I could at least remove the Chinese apps manually and free up usable space on the internal sd card.

Thanks for the help

Have you tried formatting the SDcard to FAT32? does it see the SDcard when in normal use?