new s7 slim

cesarcardoso

Feb 3, 2011
I don't believe in anything more than a refresh of the S7. Anyway, Android 2.3 and a capacitive screen would be welcome :)

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
Who knows. It might come with capacitive and honeycomb. Or maybe even better battery life. Shoot id get it just for the slim factor. Our s7 is a little heavy to be using for long periods. I guess it doesn't matter since the battery doesn't go long periods lol

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
It looks nice, not that I am disappointed in what I already have however. The good news is that it is running 2.2 and it looks to be almost the same build as ours so there is no reason we should not be able to take that ROM and get 2.2 on our tablets. With out the complete specs I can only see the differences between the two from the pictures.

Capacity screen vs Resistive screen - I have had resistive screens on phones and hated them, I have a capacity screen on my DroidX and love it. However the 7 inch size of the tablet makes a resistive screen very usable. The biggest down fall here is the multitouch option with Capacity.

HDMI out - I noticed the slim version has an HDMI out port, which is a big plus for the newer model.

Kickstand - It does not look like the slim version losses the kickstand. Which is something that I thought was a nice bonus originally, but have come to really like when watching movies or even surffing the web.

All in all it looks like the slim version is going to be a nice little upgrade, but not enough for me to feel left out and try and get rid of my version and go out and get a new one. I know they are calling it a slim version, but it is not like ours is a fat version. They show a picture with what looks like an iPhone. If anything maybe they shaved off a millimeter or two.

Thanks for posting the pics.

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
Perhaps by slim, they are referring to the weight? The S7 is a bit heavier that some of the other tablets out there isn't it. Although, I would hope they crammed a bigger battery in there as well.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
huaweis7handson07-1297678274.jpg

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
What Chinese website?

Link please?

And on the 2.2 build, I really hope we are getting the same kernel upgrade :D