New Superpad 2 Flytouch 3 - Just got it today...

Screentime

May 17, 2011
It's late, I'm tired, it's been a long week but I wanted to post some initial feelings on this just received S2F3.

First off, there is a little scratch near the center of the screen that is a little annoying. The seller on eBay charges a 20% restocking fee if I were to return it, so that would be $40 plus shipping. Probably not worth it to return it. ARgh.

The device powered up fine and everything on it works. No dead icons.

I'm used to my iPod Touch that I've had for three years and the capacitive touch on it has spoiled me.

The S2F3 build quality is adequate, not great, but not horrible - other than that frikkin scratch. I have noticed that the upper left side on the back gets very, very warm, must be where the processor is.

A few initial issues that I may be able to find work arounds and would appreciate any comments or suggestions. I can watch YouTube videos but I can't stream the movies on YouTube; seems like the tablet just doesn't have enough power to do so. If this is a browser issue, please send suggestions. This came with Dolphin for browsing.

I downloaded one or two apps from the market and now have a few pop up ads here and there. What antivirus apps would be good to get these out.

The speakers are not loud, as others have mentioned, but with streaming Pandora they are just adequate in a quiet room.

I'm sure I'll have other questions as I go along. At this point I'm not overly impressed. Perhaps in some time.

Thanks,
Dan