New System Update (1.141.04 ) won't install

jhrIII

May 18, 2011
OK, I just found the r/w & r/o button at the top. Update complete!

And the keyboard lag seems fixed!!! Now to see if will finaly tether with my droid charge.

Dogsoldier

May 28, 2011
Whats up guys thanks for the great info, but I am still having the problems with this update installed the bloatware that i remove ran the update still failed and i check the log it stated that my media provider is removed so i went to install and it is installed i have clue what to do any help would be great. thanks

Last edited:

DenZem

May 29, 2011
Okay, I checked mine and the update is not showing as available for me... I contacted chat support and they tell me the update doesn't exist... So I opened a ticket... I'm currently on build 1.104, and no updates available when I click to check for updates... No clue w hy. Between this forum and the acer tablet forum I've seen other US based people that received the update notification... Any responses would be appreciated...

Not rooted, just bought last thursday and love it...

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Strangely enough, my device says Acer_A500_1.139.05_COM_GEN1 and when I go to System Update->Check now it says "Your device is up to date"... No 1.141 for me...

ball0fire

May 29, 2011
Gee poor you guys... I'm still on 1.016.04 and up to date :S

Really don't know why its not finding updates
I'm in Australia but many others have been done ,at this rate 3.1 will arrive before the Acer update

DenZem

May 29, 2011
Okay I spoke with Acer support and they have no control over updates... so they are pushed from google based on some formula of maybe certain serial numbers etc... I also had questions about the whole 'cell search issue on wi-fi only tablet and posted a question on the google support forums for android... I mean to keep posting and updating my question until hopefully someone looks at the forums as I did mention the posts in the android tablet forum.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

ball0fire

May 29, 2011
Yay actually got the update today 1.139.04 :)
Dunno what it did if anything but least I got it and wasn't left alone hehe

pupfish

May 11, 2011
I have also encountered the system after the update is not compatible with some plugins, I can only uninstall back to re-install.

berg97

Jun 5, 2011
How aggravating this is! I purchased one for my wife on Tuesday, and it immediately updated to 1.141.04 as soon as it was set up on our wifi. I liked hers so much, I went on Thursday to get one of my own, and mine won't update. Update check still says it is up to date. And support is no help, telling me that I have the latest version available for my device 1.104.02.

If anyone finds a work around (short of rooting or exchanging the unit, as the Acer rep suggested), I hope you will post.

Thanks.

bonzer2u

Jan 29, 2011
How aggravating this is! I purchased one for my wife on Tuesday, and it immediately updated to 1.141.04 as soon as it was set up on our wifi. I liked hers so much, I went on Thursday to get one of my own, and mine won't update. Update check still says it is up to date. And support is no help, telling me that I have the latest version available for my device 1.104.02.

If anyone finds a work around (short of rooting or exchanging the unit, as the Acer rep suggested), I hope you will post.

Thanks.

Did you register your device via the acer registration widget in apps????

If not make sure you do as I believe this is how your device serial number is added into their system for future updates.....

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Did you register your device via the acer registration widget in apps????

If not make sure you do as I believe this is how your device serial number is added into their system for future updates.....

I never registered mine but yet I got the update.

berg97

Jun 5, 2011
I just got off the phone with Acer's level 2 support. They checked with their engineers, who said they have halted the 1.141.07 update, and that I will have to wait until the end of June when the Honeycomb 3.1 update is released.

So, those of us who didn't get the update who have wifi issues, no Exchange functionality, etc. will have to wait a few weeks more.

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
I read that Android 3.1 could be postponed until August... not good...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk