New tablet 10 inch

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
vizio has released a new tablet VTAB3010 IT`s 10 No info yet released in CES :) check their website :) [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
I actually like the size of the 8", honestly if I wanted 10" and the higher price to go with it I would just save a little more and get an iPad.

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
maybe this has something to do with lack of 8in tablet availability. They are to busy with production of this new 10in tablet. Maybe it also means there will be an OS update coming also.

IMA_210

Dec 20, 2011
Looks to have both a front and rear camera, the later having a flash. I personally am not interested in it at the moment as I like the smaller 8" screen. However lets hope that it will be running ICS and that its little brother will get an update to it as well.

JoelWUpchurch

Nov 30, 2011
It is interesting that it looks like they are sticking with a 4:3 screen instead of going to 16:9. I think there could be a good market if they can sell it for $300. A full size usb port for keyboards and harddrives would also be nice.

robop

Dec 6, 2010
I had a feeling they where going to do somthing like a new table soon but why why oh why go 10", 8" is perfect size they just need to up date prosessor some software issues and a have two cam's and you would be good to go!!!

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
I had a feeling they where going to do somthing like a new table soon but why why oh why go 10", 8" is perfect size they just need to up date prosessor some software issues and a have two cam's and you would be good to go!!!

if they released 8 inch so the vtab1008 will get No support in firmware OR No upgrade and it will get down in the market because people will go for the new 8 inch ... but 10 inch got a different market which user`s maybe prefer to buy 10 inch I think the 10 inch will be @ 250$ or maybe 300$ max .... so if I am right and I hope that I am ...they will do like samsung ... when they released 7 inch galaxy tablet back in 2010 ... now they released 7 inch plus with upgraded features ............ I asked vizio in facebook about firmware

Vizio
We will continue to support all existing products including the vtab1008,that includes firmware updates as well. Thank you for your continued support with VIZIO.

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
Great News from VIZIO.....I love the 8" and I'm sure the 10" will be a winner....If its prices under $300 I'll surely get it also looks like it will use ICS or Honeycomb

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
was wondering if anyone else noticed that. the capacitive buttons are not there anymore. they are now integrated into the screen instead of in the bezel. What is up with that?

HoneyComb does not support hardware buttons.
Fact of Life.

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
I notice that they were showing the vtab1008 with the new skin, which implies it is running ICS. It also looks like the vtab3010 has a resolution upgrade. Probably to 1280x1024.

not so sure about that. the article states new skin is over Honeycomb with ICS coming at a later date. I would be willing to bet the new skin is just put on top of GB on the vtab1008.

I dont guess it will really matter if no one finds a way to root it. No one will want to update to the new skin if they have root now.