New tablet 10 inch

robop

Dec 6, 2010
Is it just me or dose that look like a newer version of the 8" like vtab1008-A

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
HoneyComb does not support hardware buttons.
Fact of Life.

I am no expert but I thought HC required a dual core processor. SO I wouldn't think the 8" would run HC anyway and even the 8" does not appear to have the capacitive buttons.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I am no expert but I thought HC required a dual core processor. SO I wouldn't think the 8" would run HC anyway and even the 8" does not appear to have the capacitive buttons.

There are no dual core requirements in Android. In fact the hardware standards for all versions of Android are well below the specs of even low end devices.

cyorke

Dec 15, 2011
There are no dual core requirements in Android. In fact the hardware standards for all versions of Android are well below the specs of even low end devices.

really, good to know. I have never really paid much attention to android for tablets since I never had one. Just seems there was always some comment about HC being specific to tablets due to the dual core or something. I guess I will start paying more attention to it now that I have one. again as long as there is root available it may be a good thing in the interim until ICS is hopefully available for the vtab1008.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
really, good to know. I have never really paid much attention to android for tablets since I never had one. Just seems there was always some comment about HC being specific to tablets due to the dual core or something. I guess I will start paying more attention to it now that I have one. again as long as there is root available it may be a good thing in the interim until ICS is hopefully available for the vtab1008.

Here is a good summary of Android and its versions http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...sions/28063-android-visual-history-verge.html. the only reason HC is tablet specific is because Google left out phone features/compatibility in order to rush it out the door.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I wouldnt mind picking up a 10 inch vizio tablet if it has dynamic memory, the ir blaster, dual core processor and a good price point. I know I am picky

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
I wouldnt mind picking up a 10 inch vizio tablet if it has dynamic memory, the ir blaster, dual core processor and a good price point. I know I am picky

I have until the end of January to return my Vizio to Costco and might just do it.
Mostly because the Remote Control app sucks.

jhaynes1230

Oct 7, 2011
I also read they are getting into the PC and laptop business.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Be careful what you wish for.
HC does NOT have hardware buttons support.

Not only that but ICS is generally an improvement on HC short comings across the board, so why would you want that over ICS? Be careful what you wish for indeed ;)

briman4031

Dec 23, 2011
I'd be fine with software buttons in replacement of the capacitative buttons. I just can't stand the blown up feel of the interface. ICS would be nice. But apps build for tabs. and Apps2SD that actually worked would be a welcome update.

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
Great News...The 10" sounds like a winner...I wonder about PRICING......Also the news that Honeycomb for the 8" will be out this month according to the Rep on the Video.....I also read some thing (iPad 3 Release Date Rumors, News, and Information) that when Ipad 3 is release IPad2 may be priced at $299, but that is just a rumor....Thanks to all and I wait anixously for HONEYCOMB

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
Like the 8, had the iPad, and went back to the 8" Vizio

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum