New Tablet Maker Joins the Fray with Transformer Alternative; Aocos PX102 for $208

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
aocos-px102-hummingbird-2-transformer-tablet.jpg

If you are a fan of the design concept that Asus pioneered with the Transformer series, but are not a fan of their prices, then there is a newcomer to the market that might intrigue you. A company called Aocos debuted their PX102 tablet that will supposedly sell for just $208 bucks. Here's a list of specs to titillate your interest,
  • 10.1 inch screen with a resolution of 1280 x 800
  • Dual cameras (front 0.3MP, rear 2MP)
  • Detachable keyboard (rechargeable and connects via Bluetooth)
  • 1.6Ghz dual-core Rockchip CPU
  • 1GB RAM
  • 16GB of internal memory.
  • 9.6mm and features
  • A single 2.0 USB
  • Micro USB
  • HDMI out
  • Micro SD card-reader
We are unsure which version of Android is on the device, and there is also no indication of when/if it will come to the U.S., but we will keep you informed as we find out more.

Source: AndroidAuthority

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
Great specs for the price and I like the Bluetooth connectivity. I've even made an official suggestion of this to ASUS in the past.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The problem for me would be all you would lose in order to gain basically the one benefit of using the keyboard while detached ftom the tablet. No more extended battety life and the ability to charge the tablet from the dock, not to mention having to seperately charge the keyboard. I think this was more a low tech way to simulate the function of the Transformer like tablets. Just a BT keyboard case it would seems.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Specs and price are right on target for a high end device, add another GB ram, bump the processor to a quad add $100.