new tablet owner camera question

jlfindley74

Dec 27, 2012
i got a android tablet. or, i gues the right way to say that would be, i got a tablet with the android operating system on it. correct? i believe the tablet itself is a "MID" tablet.
i am not really sure of what exactly i have and its abilities/worth. my first question is about the camera. i cant seem to find any specs on the camera that is built into the screen side of this tablet. it appears to take very low quality pictures. is it typical for tablets to have a very low mega pixel camera? the pictures are about the same quality as an old 2 mega pixel camera phone of 6-7 years ago?

my other question is, would it be worth trying to sell this tablet and go get a i-pod touch? yes, i know the i-pod touch screen is much smaller but it takes high quality photots and i think it would be more versitile.

what would you say the primary or best use for this tablet would be? it seems like playing games and reading books might be its only strong points...yes?

...any advice or suggestions from current android tablet owners would be greatly appriciated.

Model: X6 - 7A
Android version: 4.0.4
Baseband version: 1.5
Kernel version: 3.0.8+

Thanks,

Luke

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Luke

It is very possible that your "front facing" camera is taking very low quality images. That varies from tablet to tablet. If that was important you should make certain it's in the specs of the tablet before purchasing. Going with the iPod is more than a small step down from an Android tablet and doesn't sound like a good solution, at least to me. There are tablets available with very high quality front facing and rear facing cameras.

icbi24

Dec 15, 2012
i got a android tablet. or, i gues the right way to say that would be, i got a tablet with the android operating system on it. correct? i believe the tablet itself is a "MID" tablet.
i am not really sure of what exactly i have and its abilities/worth. my first question is about the camera. i cant seem to find any specs on the camera that is built into the screen side of this tablet. it appears to take very low quality pictures. is it typical for tablets to have a very low mega pixel camera? the pictures are about the same quality as an old 2 mega pixel camera phone of 6-7 years ago?

my other question is, would it be worth trying to sell this tablet and go get a i-pod touch? yes, i know the i-pod touch screen is much smaller but it takes high quality photots and i think it would be more versitile.

what would you say the primary or best use for this tablet would be? it seems like playing games and reading books might be its only strong points...yes?

...any advice or suggestions from current android tablet owners would be greatly appriciated.

Model: X6 - 7A
Android version: 4.0.4
Baseband version: 1.5
Kernel version: 3.0.8+

Thanks,

Luke

Most cheap android tablet has only front facing camera and thus support very low mega pixel, mostly up to 2 mega pixel. The idea of tablet taking picture itself already stupid, ever wonder why people joke about people who photograph using iPad?

Anyway the point is android can be a versatile tablet. Its up to you whether to turn into multimedia device , gaming device or even in some extreme case desktop replacement.

I would like an iPod touch but for the same price I can get a well known android tablet with much bigger screen as multimedia device.

sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf II using Tapatalk 2

jlfindley74

Dec 27, 2012
thanks for the replys. it was a christmas gift and i think it was purchased on a "big sale/deal" type website. it seems nice to me. i just have never done to much research on tablets so im not sure where this one i have stacks up against other that are out there and what its strong points/weak points are.