New Tablet Owner needing help on very bad battery life

ltc77

Feb 27, 2012
Hi
I was hoping i could get a bit of help here as i have looked everywhere and cant seem to find the answers.
Firstly i bought a Cumulus Tablet which runs off android and i am having trouble uninstalling pre installed apps. It came with Maps and Skype which are constantly running in the back ground and killing the battery.I tried to uninstall them but they are read only apps so i am getting an error message uninstallation unsuccessful. I have installed some apps to help me get rid of them like Root explorer and file expert but because my device isnt rooted i cant change the read only to read write.

I went on market and found that allot of the apps installed on my device are now not compatible with these apps.That is the message that keeps coming up.. I am assuming that is way i cant delete them.. This has since happened with the google market update. So is there a way to get rid of these apps without rooting my device?? Also is there a way to change permission?

Also was wondering how i go about updating the firmware..Its gingerbread atm..What website would i get the latest software and how would i download it manually.. I use to have a samsung galaxy so i used the kies studio to do the updating.. When i go to devices on my tablet and go to system updates it gives me an option to install system updates from sd card or from NAND storage which i have no clue what that means..
If there is someone out there that could help that would be great as i have been trying everything all week and am really ready to take it back.
Thanks

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
there is an app called rom toolbox pro in which you can turn on or turn off the apps upon rebooting. (but i guess it requires root), for the firmware update try to look for your owner website if they support a firmware upgrade, if not then cfw is your only chance to upgrade. also you can try to use juice defender as a battery app manager.

edit: another app is called battery calibration (but this ones requires root also), anyway im using all those apps.

Last edited:

ltc77

Feb 27, 2012
There isnt a website that i know of for the upgrades...The shop i bought it from said any android website would be ok but im just not sure how to manually download it.. is there a website that has the download already and if so how can i do this..
The funny thing is that my tablet has everything on it to say its been rooted but when i used root check basic it is saying it is not a rooted device.

Also what dose this mean When i go to devices on my tablet and go to system updates it gives me an option to install system updates from sd card or from NAND storage which i have no clue what that means..
thanks

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
it only means that the updates are from downloaded roms or firmware and you will copy the firmware on your sd card. but before you upgrade your tablet, make a research for your tablet, because if you use a wrong firmware you might brick your tablet.