New Tablet User

kharrisma

Mar 2, 2013
HI Everyone!

First computer was a Packard-Bell '286-12, with a whopping 1MB RAM and a huge 40MB hard drive. Cut my teeth on DOS 3.0 I been around. New to tablets, though; much better than lugging around a 17" laptop!

I'm an old codger (sixty), so if I seem slow on the uptake, bear with me.

Tab is a generic chinese, (Computer parts, Laptop computers, Desktop computers, Computer Hardware - Geeks.com) MID M719F / Android 4.0.4 / Allwinner A10 Cortex A8 CPU @ 1.2 GHz / 7" 1024 x 600 (16:9) / 1 GB memory / 8GB storage / SD card slot / WiFi / 2 cameras (0.3 Mp front, 2.0 Mp rear) are the major specs. System query apps claim RFTECH as the maker, with a Crane_inet board... haven't opened it up to verify yet. Think they put the cameras in backwards... 2.0 Mp facing me, and the 0.3 on the backside... Not sure how to confirm/deny that.

Gonna be a lot of fun diggin' into this tab, and Android, and all the juicy apps.....};-)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new tablet (toy), glad you joined.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello kharrisma, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

To get started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android.

If/when you have any questions specific to that tablet, you're most likely to find folks familiar with it in the Allwinner A10 Based forum.

Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi kharisma and welcome! Just a thought.....it seems to me that more than put the cameras backwards, they made a mistake in the description because any tablet out there has the best camera in the back so you can take good pics and the not so good camera in the front because one uses it only for showing his face on Skype or such. Enjoy your tablet!