New Tablet User

New England Ed

Dec 25, 2014
My wife and I have recently obtained tablets, LG V410. My wife enjoys her music and would like to migrate some albums from her pc to her tablet.

Is there a simple method to accomplish this?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Ed, congratulations on your new LG tablets and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. The simplest way would be to transfer the music to an SD card and then put the SD card into the tablet.

New England Ed

Dec 25, 2014
I'd like to thank you for that little bit of information but... it really, really, really makes me look stupid. :( {which I am, by the way}

You would think :rolleyes: that as a 'computer programmer/analyst' that would have been my first thought. But, Nooooooooooo, o_O I have to run to a forum for someone to tell me what I should already know.

I tried to use the 'USB' connection plan but my computer doesn't recognize the tablet.

Thank you for the information. I've wasted enough time playing around with a bunch of crazy, useless ideas.

I'm going to hang around this place. It could turn out to be a gold mine of information. I may be old, 69+ years, but I'm not totally stupid... :)

New England Ed

Dec 25, 2014
It's just me again.. or, still.

One more question concerning the SD card. I'm guessing that I replace the AT&T micro card with my own micro SD containing the music. Would I be correct in assuming that there will be a folder on the tablet to move/copy the music to and are there prompts or software currently on the tablet to help me move the files to the proper tablet folder?

Edited to include:

Alright, I took out the AT&T sim card. Now, the problem is that the micro SD card I have is not the same size as the sim card. Also, the back of the sim card is configured differently than a standard SD or micro SD card. The sim card is held in place by a metal tray and the tray will not accept the micro SD.

So, any suggestions?

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Since there's an AT&T card, you must have the LTE version of that tablet. The card you're talking about is a SIM card and is used for the phone capabilities of the tablet. Somewhere on the tablet there's another slot where the MSD would be inserted. It may be covered by a rubber plug or some other sort of cover.

An external Micro SD Card (MSD) AKA TF Card is and always was intended as space to store your media files. Books, pictures, videos, movies, music files etc. are what you should be putting there, and just leaving there.. These cards are available in many sizes and your tablet will accept up to 32GB cards without a problem. These are typically available as Class 2, 4, 6, & 10 where the Class indicates the transfer speed of the MSD in MB/s. If you plan to watch movies and videos stored on your MSD, you should use a MSD that's Class 4 or higher to get smooth playback. (I buy the least expensive Class 4 cards available, but from a reliable store, and have never had a problem.) If the PC has a slot for an SD card, be sure to get an MSD with an adapter to allow it to be used in an SD card slot.

After transferring the music to the card, tapping on the songs you want to play should automatically bring up the music player. So, just create a folder called Music or Songs, put the music into it, and enjoy.

BTW If you haven't already discovered it check out http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-V410 There is a lot of good stuff regarding your tablet there. (Manuals, drivers, updates, product information, etc.)

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
I'm going to hang around this place. It could turn out to be a gold mine of information.[/QUOTE
Welcome - ATF (2).jpg

New England Ed

Dec 25, 2014
PLEASE READ THE LAST POST IN THIS THREAD. THE INFORMATION WILL PREVENT DAMAGE TO EITHER YOUR SUPPLIED SIM CARD OR TO YOUR MICRO SD CARD.
==========================================
Update for future reference on this subject:

The AT&T supplied tablet has an access slot at the top.

When this slot is opened, there is the metal tab containing the AT&T sim card. This card does NOT need to be removed. Directly behind the sim card, toward the front side of the tablet, is a slot for a micro SD card. It is spring loaded for ease of removing the SD card.

Last edited:

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
Thanks New England Ed, this is invaluable information for those who purchased or received the LG V410 for Christmas.

New England Ed

Dec 25, 2014
Copying music from your computer to the AT&T Android LG-V410

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
  1. DO NOT REMOVE THE SIM CARD - The card is held in a silver, metal tray
  2. Never insert or remove the Micro SD card while the tablet is powered on.
  3. The micro SD card will go in the slot between the SIM card and the front of the tablet.
  4. Do NOT force the card into the slot. It will fit only one way. If the card appears to be going in at an angle, you simply turn it around and try again. The only resistance should be from a spring that will allow ease of removing the card later.
On the Micro SD card you will need to create a folder named Music, if you want to copy videos, you will need to create a separate folder named Video.

Copy all the files into the new Music folder. It isn't necessary to create albums or sub-folders. When the card is installed into the appropriate slot on the tablet, it will set up the albums for you.

It actually is that simple.