New Tablet - Which OS/ROM/Firmware do you suggest?

JHawk19

Nov 29, 2010
Hello All,

I am new to the forum and I've been reading heavily yesterday and today. I got a Wizard E200 Revolution, which is basically an Eken M001 off of eBay for $85 shipped from CA. It's brand new and I won't have it until early next week.

My question is about a new Firmware. :confused: I've seen lots of people updating their firmware and I see many people with different issues once new firmware is installed. I understand that updating firmware is "at your own risk", but what firmwares do you guys like? Which ones have had the best results for you?

These are the firmwares I'm looking at:

Android_2.0_M001_0915
M001 Slatedroid Mercury RC (Logo Fixed)
Slatedroid 1.3 [1.7.4 base]

What do you think? Suggestions? Anything? :confused:

JHawk19

Nov 29, 2010
135 Views and not one reply...come on.

You, reading this right now...yes you. What Firmware are you using on your M001 right now.

Type it below and click "Post Quick Reply" (Square Button just below and to the right). Thank you!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I think the reason is that they are not KU fans (Sorry K-State fan and your Avatar name) It is the problem of the EKen M001 with the VIA 8505 processor is a disposable and firmware is modded by the vendor sometimes. There are some very Stable 2.0 firmwares. But the 1.7.4 firmware was quite good and commonly installed.

Sooooo. my recommendation, Read TipStirs posts. He is the expert on these low power /low cost tablets. I think he has a Firmware which may be your fit.

JHawk19

Nov 29, 2010
Hey Gurgle, not a KU fan either. I'm a Tarheel fan. JHawk is my call sign. I used to be a BlackHawk crew chief and my last name is Hawkins, first initial J.

Thanks for the info. I'll look over TipSter's posts.

crystal3

Aug 19, 2010
2.01 dark edition by lefeudieu on slatedroid.com is excellent.

Sent from my Eken & Lfd using Android Tablet Forum App

JHawk19

Nov 29, 2010