New tablet

Harleyjazzi

Nov 11, 2011
I'm new to the forums and to tablets I purchased a vizio tablet vtab1008 it was a display model since our walmart isn't carrying them any more the pro is it was stuck in demo mode which I unlocked but the problem is In my settings in missing alot of options like blue tooth options privacy settings network settings and so on. I did a reboot back to factory and still missing also don't know if up to date on version is at 2.3.2 and won't let me update

ALUCARD6511

Dec 15, 2011
I do not know this answer either, however could you please tell me how to unlock the demo? I'm still stuck on that.

viziotablet

Jan 21, 2012
i can find many functions under settings. i have been told to go to privacy to go to factory reset .no privacy option. any suggestions from anyone on this. was sold a demo without my knowledge, did not know that demos even existed. it can still do basic things, email, web, android market. want to get rid of old bookmarks and can not factory reset. help. vizio tells me i am screwed. might have to live with this.

viziotablet

Jan 21, 2012
that is great. that will do the trick on a normal unit. was told it will not work on demo unit. will try your suggestions if i can not get rid of old bookmarks from crook that sold me demo without telling me. do you know if this method will get my settings to reflect a normal unit. i have the web working, can download from the android app market and flash anything. not sure i will do the reset until i am sure it will fix the settings portion of the tab. thank you so much for the suggestion

briman4031

Dec 23, 2011
I don't have an answer for you, but have found Vizio's CS to be excellent. Called about the tab's software update and they were responsive and friendly.

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
I doubt your screwed. It looks like your going to have to root you vtab. Once you do that you should have no problem flashing a new rom.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Cmpblldj08

Jun 17, 2012
You have to contact VIZIO and ship it out to them so they can take out the demo and put a new operating system it it you can contact them at 888-849-4623