New Tablet

BojidarSK

Apr 27, 2012
Hello guys,I am thinking about buying a tablet but тhere are so many choices that im getting confused and discouraged.The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 seems decent but now im not sure if I should buy Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Or Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.The only diffrence that I know is the OS,the speakers location and the sd slot.I don't really care about the sd card slot and the speakers but I have heard that 3.2 honeycomb OS got many bugs.Do you think I should wait for Tab 2 or go with the normal one?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi. Have you considered any other brands? There are many new tablets out there & they're getting better & better. Some of the new chinese tablets are overtaking the specs of older big branded models now & there are bargains to be had here. I would write a list of specifications that you're looking for in a tab, eg , cpu type, memory size, ddr, screen res & type, battery life etc & check them against newer chinese tabs before rushing in. I own a sanei n90 I'm very happy with. It has ics 4.0.3 & I'm just waiting for a few apps to become compatible with ics before updating firmware. Its pretty fast & cost a fraction of the price of a new samsung tab. Already , my tab has been superceded by new dual core cpu,s & build quality is improving also. This forum has supporting vendors who'll give valuable after sales support to you. As & when needed. Ii recommend redtabletpc.com as they tend to aim for the better quality chinese tablets and are honest and helpful, you can choose shipping options for speed, cost, efficiency etc, and they receive pretty good feedback. A far cry from less scrupulous sellers out there . Its your choice but I would give them a look at least, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If it is just between the 2 Samsung Galaxy Tabs I would say wait. I think either way you will end up with a good tablet. While Honeycomb does have "bugs" they really aren't much of an issue and you would have a perfectly fine tablet. It just wouldn't be as optimized as ICS. There is a good chance that the current tablet will also be updated to ICS soon. If you wait you get ICS out of the box plus any hardware improvements they have made.

JP

BojidarSK

Apr 27, 2012
If it is just between the 2 Samsung Galaxy Tabs I would say wait. I think either way you will end up with a good tablet. While Honeycomb does have "bugs" they really aren't much of an issue and you would have a perfectly fine tablet. It just wouldn't be as optimized as ICS. There is a good chance that the current tablet will also be updated to ICS soon. If you wait you get ICS out of the box plus any hardware improvements they have made.

JP

So the galaxy tab 2 will be optimized for ICS and tab 1 may have problems with it because of the chipset?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
J515OP's advice is good - a the 400-500 price points there are a lot of options - look for tegra 3 based ones - while the 10.1 tab is very good (i use mine for netflix, reading, currents etc..) get yourself some future proofing with a new processor. Samsung has beautiful screens but you can get similar ones from acer/asus

lastly don't go with the chinese made ones - sure they may be cheap and thier specs might look good - but the build quality and the risk of a defect gets you more headaches in the long run and thier screens don't look that good. Shanzai tablets were popular once when sub $300 tablets from the big boys weren't around. Try getting a broken one replace and you will soon be spending the money you 'saved' in shipping alone. And lastly the bigger boys get more dev attention so if you're inclined to tinker and customize, there are more options there

JP

Last edited:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Chinese tabs are getting better these days. My sanei is pretty good for the money, it certaonly competes with some overpriced other brands. Can't say for samsung or asus but I hear of plenty of other tabs having more problems than I've had. The screen quality on my ips is excellent & tho' I haven't had it that long I've had no probs as yet.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet