New to Andriod. Having problems with my Flytouch 3

gareyalopes

Jun 2, 2011
Hey guys,

I am new to the andriod world and dont know much but have been reading heaps of forum.

I got a new flytouch 3 2.2froyo version and need help!!!!

My Gps states china still and I contacted the seller and he said just to download the software and maps for Australia. I dont know where to download these or is there another way I can get my GPS to show Australia instead of China. Its not in the market

Please help

00corvette

Jun 5, 2011
I have the same tablet and boy am i sorry that i ordered this thing from China. I have been working on it for two days and still can't get paid apps to come up on Android Market. There is a real problem with Google and its support of this app site. I have an iphone and apps are simple and no problem. This should not be such a difficult thing to do.
In reference to your problem; when i first started my tablet it was set for Singapore China and that is what came up on the weather block. Yours should have come with a GPS antenna. hook it to the top (gold plug) of your tablet and put it near a window or some where it can access the satelites. I just set mine on the window sill by my chair and it connected to 5 satelites. Now open your GPS app which should have come installed and on your desk top. Follow the instructions and let it run for a while. it only took mine about 5 min. to find my location. You will see the red dot on the world map move from China to your place on the map. I then went to the weather app and my location was on the pull down list. Good luck. My browser stopped working and had to down load a free one to access the web. Aggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Welcome. If you have more questions/issues post them up in the flytouch section.