New to Android & I'm SO frustrated!

Muffinhead66

Nov 11, 2011
I've recently purchased an Acer Iconia a500 and I don't haven't figured out how to:
1.) Close the various web pages I've opened
2.) Print a .pdf file I've downloaded

Can someone help? The online user's manual isn't helpful for these things.

Thanks,
Tracy :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Tracy, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. Nice of you to join us at Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum section of the forum. I'm sure the folks there will be able to get your problems sorted out quickly.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Closing the web pages:
If one or more pages is open, they will each be in a separate TAB, they will have a X sign on the TAB. Hit that X and that page disappears.

To print you need some extra software installed.

The most robust, offering many different ways to print is PrintShare. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dynamixsoftware.printershare&feature=search_result (not free, but will print to local printers via wifi or bluetooth).

If you want to print to printers when away from home (or you don't want to pay for Printshare), you can use Cloud Print services from Google. (free).

On your tablet (free) you can try Cloud Print https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pauloslf.cloudprint&feature=search_result
It will let you print to any cloud print Printer.

Cloud print is a google service that is part of the Google Chrome Browser that runs on your desktop computer.
Get Google Chrome here: Google Chrome - Get a fast new browser. For PC, Mac, and Linux
In the settings (under the hood) you can turn on cloud print and it will allow you to access your printer from anywhere.
You have to leave your home computer on to print to your printers. It sends it via Chrome running in the background.

If you have certain kinds of printers you don't have to use the Chrome browser, nor do you have
to leave your computer running: Google - Cloud Print

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I've recently purchased an Acer Iconia a500 and I don't haven't figured out how to:
1.) Close the various web pages I've opened
2.) Print a .pdf file I've downloaded

Can someone help? The online user's manual isn't helpful for these things.

Thanks,
Tracy :)

If you have a printer on your home network you could load the apprpiate android driver for that printer and connect using the WiFi or bluetooth as Icebike suggests.

Or put the pdf on a USB Stick and take that to your desktop pc/whatever and print from there.

To totally close a program, I believe, forced stop it the only method. Closing web pages is like in firefox - click the x on the tab. But if you push on the cascaded screen button (3 from the bottom lefthand corner) you will notice the screens are still available. This will not affect the operation of your tablet.

affect the operation