new to Android OS

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
hi. my problem is a simple one.

i cannot browse the files that i've put onto my MicroSD card. i can open the 'gallery' and it will list my videos and will play them, but i cannot find any sort of 'file manager' that allows me to view the contents of the MicroSD card.

and, just for information purposes, i just got my Coby 7022 today - so, it is 100% factory (except the addition of the MicroSD card).

thanks!

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Mine are listed under the folder tflash

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
got another question...

i turn off the screen to my tablet, then set it on its side. a few moments later, the login screen (prompting me for my passcode) appears, then disappears a few moments later... and it'll happen again less than a minute later.

is this a common thing, or is my tablet on crack? :)

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
got another question...

i turn off the screen to my tablet, then set it on its side. a few moments later, the login screen (prompting me for my passcode) appears, then disappears a few moments later... and it'll happen again less than a minute later.

is this a common thing, or is my tablet on crack? :)

Yea happens to all of us. I think disabling lock screen might fix this but still expermenting. Check out the thread on this issue I'm not sure if someone found a for sure fix yet

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
Yea happens to all of us. I think disabling lock screen might fix this but still expermenting. Check out the thread on this issue I'm not sure if someone found a for sure fix yet

aok. i'll hold off on that for a bit.

next question. is there a way to disable the 3G portion of the wireless, without disabling the wifi?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Yes, WiFi and Cellular are separate

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
aok. i'll hold off on that for a bit.

next question. is there a way to disable the 3G portion of the wireless, without disabling the wifi?

I downloaded "quick settings" from market which allowed me access to the mobile data menu. I unchecked Mobile Data as well as Data Romaing. I also turned off bluetooth and other things our tablet does not have but is enabled in sittings.

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
I tried "quick settings" and found it could not turn off the GPS radio.. (Which we don't have)..
Blue tooth wasn't ON on my 7022. That menu selection was grayed out.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I tried "quick settings" and found it could not turn off the GPS radio.. (Which we don't have)..
Blue tooth wasn't ON on my 7022. That menu selection was grayed out.

I wasnt able to turn off GPS either :/. Did you turn off mobile data/was it on?

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
The main select was off, but there were two sub choices, that were on.
Turned them off. So far, not liking this app. It sleeps restlessly,
Waking up and going off without reason.

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
i have the 'restless sleep' thing as well.

while that is annoying, i'm more concerned with being able to completely disable the 3G portion of the wireless entirely, but retaining the ability to use my Wifi here at home, etc.

so... do i need to root it? is there a specific app or utility that i need to download in order to do this?

also... just got this tonight:

$the_complete_guide_to_android.jpg

i'll be reading through it in the next few days/weeks (however long it takes to read through with my schedule) and if i find anything useful, i'll post it.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Try advance wifi fix free. Ever since usung that I have never had this prob

not12listen

Jun 30, 2011
Try advance wifi fix free. Ever since usung that I have never had this prob

i looked for the advance wifi fix, but could not find it.

also... does anyone know if Android 3.0 (or later) can be loaded onto the Coby 7022? if yes, to anyone that has done it, how does it run? as good as with 2.3 or better? :)