New to Android, please help!

w1nnig

May 12, 2012
Hello,

I am wondering if I should get this tablet or not.. what do you think? All i need it for is watching movies, browsing, and donwload apps and regular day to day usage.

Specifications
HOT Points
The Mate A10 configured a 10.2 inch screen with 1024x600 resolution. With Android 4.0.3 ICS Smart operating system, Cortex A8 chip combine with strong Mali400 GPU. The Mate A10 has a capacitive touch screen, supporting multi touch which is more sensitive. What's more, it has a front camera, WIFI, USB and HDMI 1080P full HD decoding that insure consumers a nice experience with it.
Processor
CPU Boxchip A10 Cortex 1.2GHz, Cortex A8 + GPU: Open GL
RAM
512MB RAM DDR3
Flash Memory
8GB
Expansion Memory
Support up to 32GB Micro SD memory card
Operating System
Android 4.0.3 ICS
Market
Support Google Android Market Pre-installed
Languages
Muti-language: Deutsch / Spanish / French/ Italiano / English / Chinese and More
Screen
10.2 inch 5 points touch, 1024 X 600 pixels
Screen Operation
5 point touch, Capacitive screen
Camera
1.3 MegaPixels
Video
1080p AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV
Audio
MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
Audio Output
3.5mm Stereo Interface
Peripherals Support
USB port, HDMI
Wireless
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
3G
Support external 3G dongle
Bluetooth
No
G-Sensor
Yes
Battery
5200 MAh
Color
Black
Size & weight
273 x 170 x 12mm, 720g
Package Content
Charger, USB Cable, Ear phone, Manual

My major issues with this is that its not 1gb of Ram, no camera in the front and single core? but does that REALLY matter? it seems a new model so it might be already fast.. but let me know please.. thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
My major issue is the resolution. If movies are your primary thing the 1024x600 won't do all that well. You need 1280x 800. The specs on that just look a little less than satisfactory to me.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I agree that resolution is on the low end for a 10" screen so you might be disappointed with the resolution if it is primarily a video device. If you plan on using the 1080P HDMI out the resolution might not matter as much since you will be watching on a secondary screen. The single core 1.2GHz processor will probably be just enough to watch video smoothly. Device speed should be adequate in normal use and 512MB should be enough. Obviously a dual core chip would be preferable.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I agree with J515OP except for the satisfactory performance part. Some video formats perform better than others. People have issues with MKV files even on a dual or quad core and MPEG formats are just containers for the actual videos and they perform differently as a result. In that case having the lower resolution puts less strain on the processor but I would spend a little more to have a better chance at seeing nice video than potentially unsatisfactory video.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, I will clarify my previous post and say that I meant those specs are really just the minimum you might be able to get by with. A dual core processor would not just preferable but highly preferable :)