New to Android Tablets, need some direction

OldTechGuy

Aug 18, 2012
OK, so I'm pretty technical, work in IT for a living, but have never dealt with an Android device. My girlfriends daughter got this tablet for Christmas last year and it appears to be bricked. I can get it to boot to the Android guy and it displays WMT1.9.1_710Jr in the corner but then screen goes white and that's it. I have no idea what tablet this is. It says MID on the back and VIA ARM926. I gather from reading it's a WonderMedia tablet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can learn what I need to download and steps to reload this thing? Very confusing trying to research with all the various devices and versions.

Much appreciated.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
The good news first is that it probably is just a soft brick and not a full brick so that is good. The bad news is there might not be any firmwares or roms that you can flash that will fix your issue. Maybe if you can post some pictures you we could help you figure out what table it is and the best way to fix it.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Have you tried a reset? Personally I think you've got nothing to lose by using a custom ROM.
From some of the searches I have done it seems as if the Uberoid ROMs will work. Check out the techknow forums link in my sig. You'll have to sign up first to get access. Note that this is not the same operating system as it had, it's modified.

OldTechGuy

Aug 18, 2012
Thanks folks, I'll snap some pics tonite to see if you can help me figure exactly what it is.

I hit the reset button on it if that's what you mean.... it just reset back to the same issue.