new to android with a mid wm8650 tablet and need help!

flopsox

Feb 12, 2012
well 1'st of let me start by saying a nice big HELLO

right now down to the problem... iv just got myself a tablet from ebey the wm8650 and let me jus say i love it. BUT im havin a few problems with the wifi

i can connect to any that it can pick up but thats only when im in my house or so on. wot i would like is to connect on the go useing my phone. i have got the app of nokia store (joiku) and got it running on my phone but my tablet cant pick it up :( is there any way to get this sorted or am i jus stuck with roaming when in myn/friends houses??

i have a nokia 700 an from wot i can find i cant sort this (not over gr8 with this kinda stuff )so i really do need help

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

many thanks
flopsox

fredgar

Feb 10, 2012
Try turning off the security in the app. Then try to connect your tablet. Please dont get mad at the question as i dont know your phone but is even wifi hotspot capable?

flopsox

Feb 12, 2012
yea me phone is capable of wifi as im useing my signal to connect my ipod but i just cant get my pad to connect. iv tryd with all security turned of an still nothin.

my phone is Nokia 700 - Nokia - UK and it also supports tethering but again i cant get any thin to work

knowing me its somethin so simple n iv missd it

flopsox

Feb 12, 2012
hmm after some more reading an stressing iv noticed alot of comments saying i cant wifi from my phone as it creates ad-hoc sooo my new problem is how to hell can i use the internet on my tablet if im not in a hotspot or near any kinda internet

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
You need a dongle for 3g on wm8650 if you check settings 3g you'll find a list of one's you can use.

wm8650 on a wing & a prayer :-0