New to AndroidTablets.net I own 4 tablets, all Samsung, one 10.1 and three 7's.

mike21222

Aug 25, 2012
Hi, as you can tell I love my Samsung tablets. So do my friends and relatives. My brother wants to get his kids a couple of tablets and is asking me to recommend some.
I want to recommend a tablet that can do netflix and google play store games and I need it under or around $100. Anyone got any ideas? I do not want to have to root or hack the devices as I do not really like doing that and they are not going to be at my disposal to fix if anything goes wrong as my brother lives a few hundred miles away and I only see them on occasion.
thanks
Mike

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
How about a refurbished kindle fire? I've seen them for $139 from time to time.

They are also likely to drop the price on the original Fire when the new model arrives, so keep that in mind.

mike21222

Aug 25, 2012
How about a refurbished kindle fire? I've seen them for $139 from time to time.

They are also likely to drop the price on the original Fire when the new model arrives, so keep that in mind.

I see you have the Nexus 7, how do you like it? I wanted to try the one out at our local Sams but they never finished the setup.

How is the google play store for it?

BTW, Thanks for your reply.
Mike

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mike, congratulations on all those Samsung tablets and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I've moved your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
I see you have the Nexus 7, how do you like it? I wanted to try the one out at our local Sams but they never finished the setup.

How is the google play store for it?

BTW, Thanks for your reply.
Mike

Mike,

I like the Nexus 7 a LOT. I've been anticipating this tablet for a while, ever since Asus showed it off as the Memo 370T.

Before purchasing I was worried about not having a MicroSD slot (like my Samsung Tab 2 7" has), but there are so many things the N7 does REALLY well that I can live without it.

It has a great screen, solid build, fast performance, Jelly Bean from day one, etc.

Like you, I looked to Sam's Club for a test-drive before I purchased and was not disappointed.

The Google Play store works as you'd expect, and even though I've picked-up a dozen or so new apps (that I didn't already own) I've yet to burn through the $25 credit the N7 comes with.

PS: I gave my Tab 2 7" to my wife as an "upgrade" (which in some ways it is) to her Kindle Fire. She will be giving her Fire to our 10-year old son as his 1st tablet...

Last edited:

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
I'm a member on NexusTablets as well and already purchased/downloaded/use your app(s) with my OTG cable from Amazon.

Thanks for sharing though! :cool: