New to gTablet - Is there a pattern lock?

Quietman

Apr 3, 2011
Hi,
I've had my gTablet for just a week now. I can't seem to find a way of enabling the pattern lock (or any lock screen).
Is there anyone using it that can advise how to access the feature or recommend some other application that provides the capability?

Thanks
Quietman

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
It depends on your ROM, or there are apps in the Market that can do it.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

Quietman

Apr 3, 2011
Thank you. It's the stock rom. I'd prefer to get familiar with it for a while before I try rooting. I gather this is something V'sonic forgot?

Hopefully someone has a favourite app that they will recommend. I looked at a couple of the app sites but didn't see anything that specifically indicated it was a replacement.

Quietman

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Don't think they forgot it per se, just not necessarily as important when there is not a phone.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

shakshak1

Jan 17, 2011
Hi,
I've had my gTablet for just a week now. I can't seem to find a way of enabling the pattern lock (or any lock screen).
Is there anyone using it that can advise how to access the feature or recommend some other application that provides the capability?

Thanks
Quietman

Dear, This depend on the ROM used, I switched to gtab.VEGAn.1.00.beta5.1 (more details here--> [ROM] VEGAn-Tab Build, BETA 5.1.1 w/supplement (updated 02/12/11) Froyo - xda-developers) where you can have a security option and screen lock, rgds.