New to nook looking for tips

Hyroero

Sep 26, 2011
Just ordered my nook color online, going to be my first tablet and im looking to mainly read comics on it.

Done a bit of searching and googling and it seems running cm7 or phiremod ( a tweaked version of cm7 ? ) from the sd or internal hd is the way to go.

Seeing as it seems a bit snappier and faster from general feedback id like to install straight to the hd since i dont need the standard layout ( no warranty ).

Any tips on which one to install and how to go about it.

sorry if any of my information is wrong and feel free to correct me.

scottz

Sep 22, 2011
Subscribed*

I just got my Nook, a refurbished unit from Overstock. I loaded CM7.0.3 to the SD card, but would like something snappier.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
Just ordered my nook color online, going to be my first tablet and im looking to mainly read comics on it.

Done a bit of searching and googling and it seems running cm7 or phiremod ( a tweaked version of cm7 ? ) from the sd or internal hd is the way to go.

Seeing as it seems a bit snappier and faster from general feedback id like to install straight to the hd since i dont need the standard layout ( no warranty ).

The steps here are pretty straight forward. Just be sure to use the latest version of CWR (3.2.0.1): Nook Color: How to install Cyanogenmod Nightlies | Maurice Mongeon

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011

On the comic's side of things, I use jjcomic viewer and comixology.

scottz

Sep 22, 2011
Well, I screwed that up! I was following the guide by Mongeon and failed to notice there is a different CW for blue dot Nooks. Now I need to find the correct current file and figure out how to change it on the Nook.

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Tablet Forum

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
Well, I screwed that up! I was following the guide by Mongeon and failed to notice there is a different CW for blue dot Nooks. Now I need to find the correct current file and figure out how to change it on the Nook.

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Tablet Forum

Then you didn't read my post. I specifically said to use version 3.2.0.1 of CWR. The link is on the site.

ceeyahd1

Jun 17, 2011
I just purchased recertified nooks that came from BN, I do not see a blue dot or green dot anywhere on box or unit! Regarding the CWR version on the above thread is it still 3.2.01 or 3.2.0.8. Would this be the best way to go for an adndroid hd boot on nook?

Thanks for all your help.

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
For the Nook Color it is still 3.2.0.1. It works on all Nook Colors, not just Blue Dots. There are other versions for other devices.