New to Tablets

Yonnor

Jun 16, 2011
I recently purchased a ASUS Transformer from eBay (haven't received it yet). I'm no stranger to the Droid system but have never used a tablet before.

Is there anything I should know, and anything that any of you would suggest me to do with my Tablet?

Also I'm curious about rooting it.

Thank you ahead of time,
-Yonnor

samarai

May 25, 2011
I'm curious as to why I would want to root my Asus unit after I buy it? I have a Droid X and I plan on rooting it so that I will have a mobile hotspot all the time, but don't know any reasons to root the Transformer.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I'm curious as to why I would want to root my Asus unit after I buy it? I have a Droid X and I plan on rooting it so that I will have a mobile hotspot all the time, but don't know any reasons to root the Transformer.

I've rooted different devices for various reasons but I consider Titanium Backup to be almost indispensible and I don't think their is a tablet sold that doesn't need some of the bloatware removed.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

DJACID

May 7, 2011
I have rooted, installed clockwork which helps out with any soft bricks,Currently running the prime v1.4 rom really nice and smooth, over clock to 1.4Ghz,But have set it from 312mhz to 1400mhz so it only need to use full power when it needs to,It's blazing first at the moment, I dont even bother closing apps now,Has the extra speed reduce battery life well can't say for certain till the week ends but so far it giving me the same battery life..

cmscritic

Mar 17, 2011
Rooting is only necessary if you wish to perform full backups of all of your settings + apps or you wish to overclock. Honestly, it is not worth while unless these things are important to you. The 3.1 build Asus released is pretty stable and has no issues. It's fun to use and for the most part and for most people, rooting isn't necessary.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Rooting is only necessary if you wish to perform full backups of all of your settings + apps or you wish to overclock. Honestly, it is not worth while unless these things are important to you. The 3.1 build Asus released is pretty stable and has no issues. It's fun to use and for the most part and for most people, rooting isn't necessary.

Totally agree. I have 4 or 5 android devices (tabs & phones) & the TF is the only device haven't considered rooting & hacking.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Android Tablet Forum

Yonnor

Jun 16, 2011
I have rooted, installed clockwork which helps out with any soft bricks,Currently running the prime v1.4 rom really nice and smooth, over clock to 1.4Ghz,But have set it from 312mhz to 1400mhz so it only need to use full power when it needs to,It's blazing first at the moment, I dont even bother closing apps now,Has the extra speed reduce battery life well can't say for certain till the week ends but so far it giving me the same battery life..

I'll most likely end up rooting, I can't imagine an android device without it. lol Can you point me in a good direction for good ROM's or atleast the one you are using?

DJACID

May 7, 2011
I'll most likely end up rooting, I can't imagine an android device without it. lol Can you point me in a good direction for good ROM's or atleast the one you are using?
Follow this guide -http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1106587And you will have the same setup rom prime 1.4...Download all the files first and emplty out the sd card or use a empty one,Should take about 30mins max to do...

Last edited:

Yonnor

Jun 16, 2011
Follow this guide -http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1106587And you will have the same setup rom prime 1.4...Download all the files first and emplty out the sd card or use a empty one,Should take about 30mins max to do...

Thank you! I shall do this once my Tablet comes in next week.