new to tablets

midnight36

Apr 11, 2012
I am a 30 plus year computer user but have no experience with tablets or 'pads' so I'm fumbling my way around. I bought a Kindle Fire one day and returned it the next as the onboard keypad was entirely too small for my big fingers! So then I bought a Pandigital Super Nova 8" which has a nice size keyboard. It only came with a minimal startup manual, :mad: and I need more help than THAT.

I have connected, gotten on line with my email, facebook, web browsing so far, downloaded a few apps..... the Pandigital has rather limited app source, but probably enough for my uses.... I primarily wanted this for an e-reader and access to mail and web while waiting for my husband at Dr. appts, but I really would like to learn more about it.

For example the startup manual says "to remove unwanted apps" touch and hold then move to the trash can. There IS no trash can!! I'm going to give it a few more days play and then decide whether it goes back. So am looking for usage information. :)

Thanks.

BJ

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
hi midnight,welcome to the forum. You are right there is no trash can in place at all time on your Tablet but if you press and hold the app you want to get rod of, it should appear as for a miracle on the top of your screen. I managed to take a screenshot while i was pressing and holding on the forum app and you can see the can on the top of my screenshot. Don't give up. ....Android tablets are a lot of fun, you are going to get addicted soon enough! :)

Samsung Galaxy Note

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1334195813602.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1334195813602.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 419

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello BJ and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member here at Android Tablets. To get you started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android. Then, head down to the Pandigital Novel Forum to start learning more about your own particular tablet. Read through the threads already posted there pertaining to things you're interested in knowing more about. If you have any questions regarding a discussion, reply to the thread and ask them. If something you're interested in isn't being discussed, start a new thread with a meaningful title and begin a new discussion. There are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable people in that section and I'm sure they'll help you as much as they can. Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!:cool:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
another screenshot showing t he trash can taken from another tablet

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1334202509359.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1334202509359.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 436

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
the startup manual says "to remove unwanted apps" touch and hold then move to the trash can.

BTW As IDK pointed out, a trash can will appear somewhere on your screen when you do a long press on the unwanted apps. Drag and drop the apps into the trash can and they'll be gone. Be careful, it really is a trash can and not a Windows recycle bin that you can retrieve things from if you mistakenly delete something you didn't intend to.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Well Spider, they don't really go far those apps you delete from the screen dragging them to the trash can ... you can still find them in your app drawer !:) Did you have too many of those beer that jB likes?

Samsung Galaxy Note

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
you can still find them in your app drawer

On my NOOKcolor, if I drag an icon to the trashcan and hold it there for a second or so before dropping it, a message appears that says "Drop to uninstall". If I do that, it really does uninstall the app.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
That's strange, it doesn't happen on my nook color but then again. ..I'm fast! !!:) I want to try doing it slowly, I mean the dragging of the app toward the trash!:D

Samsung Galaxy Note

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That's strange, it doesn't happen on my nook color but then again. ..I'm fast! !!:) I want to try doing it slowly, I mean the dragging of the app toward the trash!:D

Samsung Galaxy Note

Now, now ;)

And maybe you should add to your sig line that you do know some. That was good advice.