New to Tablets

MadDog

Feb 26, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site as well as tablets. I have a few questions that hopefully aren't stupid, but as I stated, I am new to this. lol To start off with, I love to write and I am actually pursuing that as a career. I was going to get a netbook of some sort, but I have fallen in love with the whole tablet idea all of a sudden. :) I have researched the Notion Ink Adam and it is my favorite so far, but I don't see myself getting one due to the challenge involved. Is there another tablet that would compare to the Adam? My main priority is having something like Word, in a sense, on a portable device. Once that issue is out of the way, I want to focus on my options. I love writing, but I also love the Android experience, which completely turns me away from the Apple IPad. Thanks in advance for any help.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Maddog: As I see it you'll definitely need a tablet with a Capacitive screen. For writing, a resistive screen just will not do. What I suggest is wait 2-3 months as there will be about 5-6 tablets being released with exactly what you want. 10" screen, great capacitive screens, dual-core processors, running Android 3.0. If you want to get higher-end tablets, that is my suggestion.

MadDog

Feb 26, 2011
Thank you so much feverhost! Due to a lack of money right now, I was going to have to wait a few months anyways. Just in case you might know, have you heard of any good upcoming releases? Something I can be looking for? Thanks again for your awesome help.