New to the tablet market...

mpw27

Aug 28, 2011
Evening all (If your in the EU or further afield).

I'm an ex techie, used to messing with hardware, but this whole tablet aspect is somewhat throwing me a little. Thus I defer to the regs in here to hopefully assist me in Tablet selection :)

The desire came from the firesale that HP had, only to find every bugger on the planet except me managed to get one or even more :(

From what I've read over the last few days in various forums (here) and other sites, I need to consider the following:

1) What brand/make is it and is the firmware/chips/OS likely to be supported in new Android OS Upgrades (i.e. Gingerbread to Honeycomb?)
2) It should be capacitive over resistive in terms of the screen (Thus LCD?)
3) Should have at least a 1Ghz processor and at least 512mb ram with an expansion slot for music, apps, games, etc via a SD Slot

Now, I've been looking at various tablets in terms of my budget, which is around £120-£130 ($200) give or take.

I'm quite taken by the Arnova 10b - which seems to have all the above but unsure on the "os/firmware" upgradable and support situation.

I've also seen various comments on the Coby Kryos and SuperPadII/Flytouch3.

In terms of actual use, I guess the normal stuff like documents, spreadsheets, work stuff as well as games and browsing. I'd like to view extensive media as well from my HTPC network.

All thoughts and comments would be appreciative.

Cheers All.

Matt