New to ZT280 upgrade

Boolanger

Apr 23, 2012
hello

So I should be getting a ZT280 upgrade version in a few days and I'm just curious about a few things. Probably should have ask before I ordered but for the 170$ price tag i thought I could take the chance

I will mostly be using it a a multimedia device ex. Netflix, other streaming site that are mostly flash, how does the device handled video streaming? Also will occasionally be using HDMI in conjunction with the streaming, does the tabel handle this fairly well.

the ZT280 upgrade should come with a
7000 mAh battery, the run time is listed for 4-5 hours, does this match real world uses?

I read that the tab has issue with some apps facebook, drawsomething but it seems this is more an ICS issue, Is that correct?

Can the tablet be rooted? using something like z4root?

Generally just wondering how the tablet is overall, I haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews, only one was a DjIgnyte on youtube and it seemed to perform pretty good there.

Also wondering if there is a way to get rid of the on-screen button that come with ICS as this has hardware buttons? or can the hardware buttons be re-purposed?

Last edited by a moderator:

benadlam

May 6, 2012
After the latest firmware update mine mine was already rooted with superuser installed out the box.
For a budget tablet i can't complain. It handles YouTube streaming fine etc. When you play a video from the gallery it first asks what app to use, set movies as default as the other option is laggy at times. And yea I'd say 4 hours is about right!

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Lol i ordered mine off ebay, took about 2 1/2 weeks to come but all is good and fine and i can't complain for £115 GBP delivered. My kids use it for loads of games and YouTube etc. Only when you play the really top end graphics games etc you start to notice it struggles, but for the price I'm very happy!

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Oh and it can't have facebook, which is odd. But friendcaster works fine and is exactly the same if not better at times

Boolanger

Apr 23, 2012
Well i can do without Facebook app, my wife might have an issue with it but i'll just send her to the website.