New TPU Case for A500 out!!

goten611

May 26, 2011
Hi everyone,

I was just about to buy a leather folio on ebay for my tablet when I decided to do a quick search for a TPU case just to be safe. And ONE hit came up. Looks like the seller 'tpdgear' is selling a tpu case on their page. The seller states it has limited quanities and is seeing how the product sells before having more made. I bought one myself and will give my opinion of it early next week when I receive it. I have been looking for one of these cases forever and now its finally here!! From the pictures, it looks like they have 'tpdgear' emblazoned on the back of the case (dunno if thats a turn-off for a lot of people).

Clear Smoke TPU Silicone Case 4 Acer Iconia A500 Tablet | eBay

For those who don't know what TPU is, its an abbreviation for thermoplastic polyurethanes, the material the case is made of. Its more rigid in structure than your typical silicone, but softer and more flexible than the plastic hard cases. I have owned multiple cases made of these for my cell phones and i LOOOVE them. Just wanted to let you guys know for those that looking for them.

pw5470

May 20, 2011
Thanks for the link! Look forward to hearing your review before I order one. So glad someone finally has something like this out.

seabrook

Jul 25, 2011
I ordered one for $18 delivered. Case arrived quickly and it fits like a glove. All the openings are spot on (except for micro-SD card slot which has no opening) and it provides nice back and side protection while providing some needed friction to the tablet (i.e., no longer so slippery). And being relatively light it doesn't add any real weight.

The case material is not very flexible like some slicone cases. But it's not hard crystal either but instead somewhere in the middle, really the best of both worlds.

BTW, there are other sellers offering the case, some with different colors (though I like the smoke color myself) for less. But since they ship from Hong Kong you're in for a wait if you go that route.

Last edited: