New update available.....

rossjhsn

Dec 28, 2010
Upgraded, network and internet seem faster. Some icons are missing bit not sure which ones! All in all it is good. Never got DLNA to work anyway.

cirsory

Mar 12, 2012
the remote app was changed a bit and SDK for it was added. I'm excited to see what people do with that. I want to see voice activated control. I never got the Sony's DLNA to work but have been using apps from Play store for that. They still have dlna function in the movies gallery and I'd assume other places as well.

puchasr

Sep 29, 2012
I kind of liked the previous blue icons, the new settings icon is the worst. The "Guest Mode" is only for the Xperia model only? Also the Watch Now App shows not compatible, any ideas... Later I will try the remote macros see how that works.

Last edited:

Willem.Ng

Sep 28, 2012
guest mode can be use in STS as well. however after this update, my usb storage apps were all missing in the homescreen. any solution.?

puchasr

Sep 29, 2012
I don't:( see the guest mode on the top right on my Sony S sgpt112...

Last edited:

puchasr

Sep 29, 2012
I successfully used the DLNA function before ics with an lg tv and from a pc running plex an wmp servers.

noyb456

Oct 9, 2012
I upgraded my Tablet S (SGPT111US/S). I now have guest mode, but Google Play says my device is not compatible with "Watch Now". I chatted with Sony support and was told the Tablet S is not yet compatible with Watch Now, but will be in the future.

puchasr

Sep 29, 2012
I upgraded my Tablet S (SGPT111US/S). I now have guest mode, but Google Play says my device is not compatible with "Watch Now". I chatted with Sony support and was told the Tablet S is not yet compatible with Watch Now, but will be in the future.

That's good to know, the "Watch Now" T.V remote controller looks very cool, I have not read much about it since is not yet compatible with Tablet S, but I wonder if it shows the programing that is coming from over the air, cable or satellite feeds....?