new update today ???

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I think i might just wait for so some flashable Roms to come out and keep clockwork. There isn't much new in 1.1 right?

sent from my rooted nook color

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I think i might just wait for so some flashable Roms to come out and keep clockwork. There isn't much new in 1.1 right?

Nope not much this go round.
NOOKcolor 1.1.0 update was just released on B&n site
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook...?cds2Pid=35758

Details:
* Improved performance of Wi-Fi connectivity, Home and Shop.
* Ability to pinch and zoom in browser.
* Enhanced reading experience for magazines and children's books.
* Access helpful NOOKcolor related information and support tips on the new default browser home page.
* Reduce mistyped passwords with "show password" option during registration and Wi-Fi set up.
* Easily identify NOOK kids Read To Me™ books with a new text banner next to the titles in Shop.
* General bug fixes and performance improvements.

Well I've removed CWR, and installed the 1.1 update, root is broke although most apps still work and my zeam launcher is still in tact. Going to try to re-root and re-install CWR.

Edit: with no root, all apps work except those that need superuser permission.

Last edited:

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
do you think If I just add CWR on the NC .. will that be enought to prevent update ?? I don't want to mess around too much with scripts etc... I am not knowledgeable re any of that stuff..

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks for the info. I think i'll skip the update this time.

do you think If I just add CWR on the NC .. will that be enought to prevent update ?? I don't want to mess around too much with scripts etc... I am not knowledgeable re any of that stuff..

Clockwork should block it yes i believe. It has number of other good uses too. If you want to install the update in the future you will have to remove clockwork, untill we get roms that work through clockwork (which may be soon).

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
If I didn't have CWR, I'd get this update and re-root. There should be a new auto-nooter soon for this update. I'm updated now but need to see if my old root method works on update 1.1 like it did for 1.0.1.