New user, bought a VTAB about a month ago!

concealer404

Jan 23, 2012
Alright, i'm finally getting geeked out enough on this to try to customize it all how i want. :)

I've downloaded VTL Launcher and so far, i'm pretty impressed with it. i do need to do more work on widgets and such, but my burning question right now is how the heck do i change the background/wallpaper on this? I already paid for the app, i don't feel the need to be told what launcher i'm using every time i see my home screen. :p

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Long press the screen in a blank area and then select wallpaper and follow the prompts.

concealer404

Jan 23, 2012
Hrmmm, background changed by changing to ADW Blue theme. Still can't change to a custom background of my choosing though. Blue theme sucked and it was a battle to get to back to the vtl default. Still don't have the circles up top that tell me what "page" I'm on though. Lost those in the theme shenanigans, can't figure out how to get them back.

This is pretty frustrating.

No progress, still can't change wallpaper and I seem to have jacked something else up.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Ok, I have your answer. I have the VTAB1008 probably the same thing you have since the 3010 is not out yet.
I also have the VTL.Launcher installed. So we should be on the same page.
Download this app https://market.android.com/details?id=com.twistedapps.wallpaperwizardrii&hl=en
Open it, select your picture, you can crop, scale etc. Then set it as your wallpaper. Go back to your screen and VIOLA you still have the same old wallpaper?
No problem, Turn your tablet off. Now turn it back on. When it loads up and you unlock the screen you should see your new wallpaper.
This really is a sweet tablet for the price, but because of the way Vizio set it up it has some quirks. Nothing that can't be worked around. Like this wallpaper issue, it just takes a restart for the new wallpaper to be made active.

Last edited:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Still don't have the circles up top that tell me what "page" I'm on though. Lost those in the theme shenanigans, can't figure out how to get them back.

While VTL is based out of ADW, they are not 100% compatible. Uninstall ADW and VTL.Launcher, restart the tablet and then reinstall VTL and see if that gets your screen locater's back.

concealer404

Jan 23, 2012
Cool, thank you. :) Backgrounds work now, though that's a little annoying to have to do it like that. I'll live, though. ;)

I'll give uninstalling and reinstalling VTL a try when i get home today, thanks for your help!

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Note that after you uninstall the VTL.Launcher your wallpaper will probably go byby.
After you reinstall the launcher just go back through these same steps and you should be good.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Quick here.
To all members. Please remember to thank any one who helps you with a problem by clicking on the "Thank" icon/link on the right of the screen in the post.
It helps us (members that is) to know that we are actually helping others. While we are here to learn, we are also here to help and it gives a bit of satisfaction in knowing that we are helping others with their problems just like others helped us.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: