New user - problem with g-sensor - specs mismatch

Lutin

May 9, 2011
Hi!

I ordered a nice Android tablet (stated as a flytouch3) and just received it.
I have a few doubts/questions, and I'd appreciate some help.

At first, I noticed and used a nice button on the top left corner which switched the orientation.
Then I configured the slate to my needs (language, wlan settings, etc.).
Then I tried 2 games, and found out that the g-sensor is 'tilted' at 90°.
If I raise the slate, the sensor goes right. Is there any fix available for this?
The orientation button has disappeared now...I don't know if that's the source of my issue...and I can't find it anywhere. I tried rebooting the slate: no success. Do you know where I can find it?

Also, I bought it as a 8GB and I see 6GB available on 6GB in the file explorer.
Any way I can check all the specs of the tablet, to make sure that it matches the description of the item I bought? (battery, ram, proc, storage, etc.)
I tried the app "Android System Info"...but I didn't find what I was looking for.

Besides, can anyone confirm the common model name of this tablet, to find some rooting/upgrading procedures?

Cheers.

Here's a link to the tablet I purchased: Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Wholesales Flytouch3 10.2 inch MID GPS Camera RJ45 HDMI real 8000mAh battery

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Besides, can anyone confirm the common model name of this tablet, to find some rooting/upgrading procedures?

Here are some commands to run from either adb or Android Terminal Emulator to gather information that may lead to the common model name of the tablet.

The "dmesg" command displays the most information about the device. Once the command is executed, it scrolls the information to the screen. To direct the output to the microSD card for viewing on your computer add "> /sdcard/outputfile.txt" where "outputfile" can be anything. The remaining commands show additional information.

Code:
dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt

cat /proc/cpuinfo > /sdcard/cpuinfo.txt

cat /proc/meminfo > /sdcard/meminfo.txt
Examples of some of these outputs for another infoTM device start in Post #6 of this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/13447-custom-sylvania-rom-development.html.

To determine the model name, this can be viewed in the Settings application About Device screen, however the Model number is often hard coded in to the application so it is not a reliable source. Review the "dmesg" output "Kernel command line:" to see if it lists "hwver=". That string of digits may lead you to one of the devices identified in this thread - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-infotmic-hardware-ids-hwver-updates-ius.html

If that does not yield any information "/system/build.prop" can be viewed to see what is displays for the following:

Code:
ro.product.model=
ro.product.brand=generic
ro.product.name=
ro.product.device=
Report what you discover about the tablet.