New user struggling with downloading APPS

Locallass

Aug 8, 2012
Just purchased my first Android (Astro+Cyclone Tablet PC) but am unable to download extra Apps as each time I try there is an error message "Can't download due to error (-101). Any suggestions please. The User manual doesn't cover error messages.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Locallass, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you to see if anyone has a solution to your problem. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Try: menu, settings, applications, then scroll down till you find the market and select it. Then choose clear data and reboot. See if that works. If not, try deleting your Google account, restart your tablet and enter the account info again.

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Try: menu, settings, applications, then scroll down till you find the market and select it. Then choose clear data and reboot. See if that works. If not, try deleting your Google account, restart your tablet and enter the account info again.

He might also need to go under the security settings and check "Unknown Sources" to allow the installation of non-Market apps. If this is not already selected. Not sure if this will help as I am not aware of exactly what that error message entails.

Todd

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
He might also need to go under the security settings and check "Unknown Sources" to allow the installation of non-Market apps. If this is not already selected. Not sure if this will help as I am not aware of exactly what that error message entails.

Todd

It's mostly a catch-all message that says your device is having a communication problem with Google. The same message will come up if Google's servers are having a problem.